Forums are back in action! ×

Discovered the site last week and read almost every article... ADDICTED

Like the title says I came across the site while looking up information on the paleo diet and I've been hooked read as many articles as I could.  It’s an amazing site and thanks for all the great information. 

But on to the introduction, My name is Josh and the middle of December I hit the scale and was extremely ashamed that I let myself go to 245lbs. I have always been on the heavy side, but I was engaged to the girl of my dreams, my best friend so I never really had any motivation to change... and well people apparently change their minds and out of nowhere she decided she wasn’t ready for marriage.. and well I didn’t take that very well and packed on about 25 pounds.  Like I said it never sank in that all the horrible habits and hardly any activity has done to myself...

Time for a change I started hitting the gym having no idea on what I was doing, never been to a gym but a few times before with buddies and never cared for it.. because I was extremely out of shape. After a month of working out on my own using manly machines and treadmills I was down 6 pounds, but then I decided it was time to step it up and I joined the crossfit at the gym and Oh my!!! I have no business being there but the coaches are super motivating.  I am not the strongest, the fastest, but I am definitely working hard. It’s an amazing feeling when you finish the workout, which I'm usually laying down exhausted but its bitter sweet and wanting more.

It’s been roughly two months I’m down 20 pounds, I’m at 225 with 30 more to go for my goal.  190 is my ultimate goal and then I will work on conditioning because completing a Spartan race is on my bucket list. sorry for the long post but I’m looking forward to meeting new and amazing people. to share our success stories with.. never quit.

Welcome to the rebellion.  Sounds like you've got a good start, many people on here have success with CrossFit, our local police department uses it for their PT in the academy now.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived