Forums are back in action! ×

Sadil's main quest

Hi there! 

First of all, excuse my english, I'm not a native speaker! Don't hesitate to point the mistakes out, that'll be much appreciated.

It's been quite a while since I follow the blog (I believe it was end of 2011) but I never registered. I was afraid of my writting and well... I was "so" busy... I used to have excuses for anything. At school first then in life and all that comes with. But now, I face it. Then I thought it was time to give the 6 weeks challenges a try.

I used to be sporty. I moutain-biked since I was 12y/o, then tried some team sports when I was in high school (basketball, volleyball, handball and finally rugby) but that only confirmed me that I was not made for a team sport at this time. I prefer when I rely on me, and only me. My uncle, a kick-boxing instructor, introduced me to his martial art and I loved it. I ended up giving classes of self-defense for women based on full-contact and kick-boxing moves. At that time I was 22y/o, 1m74 and 62kgs.

Then I got completly smashed by life. A bad break up and a difficult family situation that (I thought) required me to come back in France (yes, I'm French btw) were the first steps. Unemployement, money issues, the break up and the family in the same time made me as I am today: 28y/o, still 1m74 but 82kgs. The "old me" began to come back last year but is struggling with the "now me", the lazy one that doesn't want to face her problems and dreams about her life without taking actions. As well, the "now me" has health problems but doesn't go to the MD... and that's quite a problem to go back to sports. Also, my boyfriend is no support in anything and I hope I can have some here.

So now, in order to get the "old me" back, I'm beginning my main quest (I also am a RPG lover, used to play D&D v3.5 and spend hours on MMOs - can't wait for ESO, by the Nine!).

Main quest:

• Get the life I used to and still do dream of = get a job and move in New Zealand to reroll my life (alone).

Side quest:

• Fix my health issues
  • Loose at least 15kg
  • Be able to practice kick-boxing again
  • Make 2-3 other travels in Europe before I leave
  • Get my business working

Plan for the first levels:

• Begin with the Angry birds workout at least twice a week (monday & thursday)
  • Make two yoga sessions per week instead of one (wednesday & saturday)
  • Go for at least 1 mile walk the other days (instead of 1 per week)
  • Work on my business whenever I get the chance
  • Stop eating pasta and slow on bread and grains (paleo introduction)
  • See a MD and a chiropractor

I'm also thinking about beginning a "main quest blog", maybe in English, as I need to practice to pass the test for NZ. I think I need to speak "out loud" about this quest thing and as I don't have any support at home, the web seems like the only place where I can write my progress and track them. 

I hope you can understand what I wrote. I haven't practice english for a while and I was afraid of writting this topic. Regarding my post, do you think I should write my blog in english (if I make one)? 

Thanks for reading!

Level 1 Human - Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 3 - STA 2 - CONS 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 2

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My first fight

I totally think you should write in English. What better way to practice! You've done very well with writing this post in English. Other than a few grammatical errors, I think it's very well written.

Good luck on your fitness goals - it seems like you're on the right track. You can also join the 6-week challenges on this website if you want extra support on meeting your fitness goals.

Take care and welcome!

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Thanks! Hopefully, I'll get the extra motivation to begin shortly.

I'll probably give the next 6-week challenge a shot. Not sure of the class I want to join yet, so I'll stick to "adventurer" and decide later. 

Thanks again!

Level 1 Human - Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 3 - STA 2 - CONS 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 2

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My first fight

Archived