Forums are back in action! ×

Exercising with a sprained foot

OrangeJorwell

I sprained my foot running last night and I was just wondering what kind of exercises I could still do.  I'm going to do some pull ups, but I can't put any weight on it, so I can't do any push ups, planks, or squats, which is what I've been doing for strength (I'm not yet strong enough to do pistol squats, unfortunately).  Any ideas or work arounds?  I don't want to sit around for 3 weeks and possibly kill all the habits I've built about working out.  I was thinking I could do one leg planks or push ups, but I don't even know if that's a legit exercise or if they're extremely difficult or anything.  Any advice helps.

Thanks!

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

when you sprained your foot once, the risk of it happening again is bigger. that in mind, you have to get your foot "back in shape" before you move on with high impact exercises. follow Synysters advice! his advice is awesome.

I know your not gonna be happy to hear this but, i have exsperienced landing on my "bad" foot when doing exercises to be well.. painful as hell and it can set you back weeks...im not a doctor of any kind.. but i would concentrate on the injury, get that over with and then go back to working out properly. also: if it hurts, its your body saying (perhaps yelling) stop.

i noticed you posted some time ago, and i hope your foot is all good again. :)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit"

Unos -. Ranger

Archived