Forums are back in action! ×

Looking to start - does this really work

so............

i have tried evey diet and fitness going and failed at every hurdle, i get roped into what seems to be fashionable and when it comes to it barely have the willpower! every diet you read about are full of success stories and they all contradict each other.  the only time i lost the weight i needed was 2stone on lighter life which is very expensive and is milkshakes only so when i started eating again i put it all back on.

So here i am a week into doing the whole milkshake thing again and already regretting it, i may have lost 7lb in this first week but i am so hungry and so bored of liquid that at any point now i think im going to cave and eat lots :(

I used to run quite a bit and really got into spinning classes which i loved and kept the weight manageable but last year suffered a leg injury and really struggle to get back to running properly again :(

im fed up and tired and narky with my husband all the time i really need to do something that will work and isnt just a fad, its now feb and by the summer i really want to not be hiding my body away on holiday again this year :)

any help, views, stories that will head me in the right direction would be appreciated :)

Thank you for reading :)

Check out the Rules of the Rebellion; if you like what you see, welcome aboard. We'll all help you as long as you're committed to it for life.

Here you can see a list of all of the advice to avoid, most of which you've likely heard and followed all your life. Click around the rest of NerdFitness.com to find success stories, workouts, advice and encouragement.

We encourage small, sustainable changes. Look at where you are now. How do you eat when you aren't trying a fad? Start there, and make one change now--work on cutting out soda, or limiting sweets, or eating more vegetables. How active are you normally? Start there, and make one change--exercise for 5 minutes a day, or try strength training twice a week. In a few weeks, make another change; don't try to change too much at once because you'll give up. It is far better to take months to change your lifestyle, and keep that lifestyle change forever, than to change everything and give up in two weeks.

There are lots of people here who can give advice on what to try (though going to see a doctor first to talk about what you can do with your injury is highly recommended!). Find something that you can do, that you love doing, and that works for you, and do it.

Archived