Forums are back in action! ×

Who is going to COMIC CON!?

Dragnmistris

Hey everyone! 

My husband and I just got our FIRST EVER TICKETS TO COMIC CON!

Obviously, I'm very excited about this prospect  - I've been wanting to go for years.

So who else is all going? We should meet up! 

If you've been there before - what would be a good place to meet at? I'm not familiar with the layout or any landmarks, but it sounds like a great opportunity to meet fellow NF members!

I originally thought about posting this in "meetups" but not everyone who will be there is originally from the West region, specifically. This seemed like the best place to reach most NF members.

Also, share your stories from past Comic Cons or even other conventions! 

Half-Dragon Ranger

Level 4 

Total: Str: 6.75 Dex: 6.75 Sta: 7.5 Con: 4 Wis: 5 Cha: 7.5

~ Here be Dragons ~

I might be going, I might not be, There's a Distant Worlds Concert playing at Comic Con (assuming you're talking about the one in San Diego) So I'm definitely going to try to go to the Concert, but I'm not sure about Comic Con.

If I do go, this will be my very FIRST Comic Con!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Not a fan of SuperCons.  I prefer smaller to mid size ones.  Sure the're plenty of trade-offs, but I still prefer smaller ones.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

You mean the one in San Diego? I went once. As cons go it was too crowded and commercial for my taste. There was a fair section of the dealer room for "indie" comics, but for panels and tables and stuff, there was none of that "by the fans, for the fans" feeling. It was all "by Hollywood, for the $$." They actually trucked in the convention staff from Los Angeles, so none of them could give me directions. How absurd is that?

Anyways, if you like flashy stuff, movie previews and big name celebrities (albeit with long lines at a distance), and TONS of swag, you'll like Comic Con. It was easily the most flashy swaggy con I've ever been to. And the city is very nice, of course.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

P.s. actually I take it back, PAX is the flashiest con I've ever been to. (It's mainly about video games so not a huge surprise.) But Comic Con is definitely second place for exciting marketing, and it's pitched to a broader audience.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Congrats!  I usually try to make it to the Texas Comicon (here in San Antonio), and I'm hoping I can make it to either one of the Dallas Con/Fan Fests or one in Austin.  The only other one I've been to was StarFest in Denver (a long time ago - 1991/92 timeframe).  I'd like to try and get to Convergence or Metacon in Minneapolis, as well as to either Gallifrey One or Chicago Tardis sometime (need to add those to my Quest list).

Race: Human / Level: 1 / Current Class: Adventurer / Goal Class: Ranger

STR: 2.5 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3.5 / CON: 3.5 / WIS: 4 / CHA: 4.5

My Background / Facebook / GoodReads / Flickr / Fitbit

~ Take Care, Live Life, and Pray Hard ~

"Our lives are different to anybody else's. That's the exciting thing, that nobody in the universe can do what we're doing."

- Patrick Troughton (Doctor #2)

The Dallas ComicCon treated a friend of mine like total shit.  He has an Alien costume and it really looks totally awesome.  He had litterally TONS of people taking pix w/ him and of him.  The Con staff told him he had to relocate to outside if he was to take pix.  Then while he was in costume they kept telling him he had to go here, couldn't go here, and all this stuff.  He did twist off on them, and they took soom reigns off him.  Then after treating him like cold caca...they used pix of him in his Alien outfit for their ads.  He twisted off on them and they removed his pix from their ad.  He also had issues w/ vip tickets.  Like vip were supposed to get special preferance in lines and entrance times and all that...ya know VIP treatment for the price.  Well they let the gen admin in 45mins before he and other vip got their tickets.  Many complained and were brushed off by the con people.  Needless to say, even though we have plenty of friends in DFW and could go w/out having to get hotel rooms...several of his friends are NOT going to that con.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Archived