Forums are back in action! ×

Any other thyroid-challenged people in here?

kemicat

I hate to say "sufferers" because you know what, I'M NOT SUFFERING, I'm striving to live every day with a positive outlook and optimism..

I have hypothyroidism brought on/exacerbated by a severe case of Hashimoto's thyroiditis when I was 12..

Been dealing with the ups and downs... and trying..

..to keep up my weight training and diet even though I see 1/10th of the results most people do..

..and power through those sporadic, roller coaster energy fluctuations that can come out of nowhere, or when I take my meds, or when I forget..

..and good-naturedly (?) resign myself to the fact that I will always be a little pudgy..

..and power through constant, merciless little infections and sensitivities of my endocrine system (wondering if i will ever NOT have a bladder/yeast infection)..

Sometimes I have this half-worry about the zombie apocalypse and how I'd survive without a pharmacy within close proximity.

Anyways just wondering if there is anyone else on here who can relate.  It is so frustrating sometimes even to read these "inspirational stories" and know that my body just won't respond like that because my metabolism is artificially induced at best...

Hi there, I too have a thyroid issue and take drugs to try to combat the worst of it (I thought at the end of last year that it was a waste of time and went off them for about 4 weeks and learned the hard way that they are a necessity).

I guess that i also find it really frustrating but at the end of the day I just keep on keepin on and do the best i can with what i got. I am constantly trying new foods etc that might help but not much really does.  I am also extra susceptible to fluctuations in blood sugar etc.

I guess my only advice for what it is worth is to remember that everything is relative and so which you triumphs may be small in comparison to some of the amazing stories i have seen on here it is a MAJOR achievement for you and you get to celebrate it as such.

Best of everything,

MD

*raises hand*

I don't let it get me down though.  Only "medical issue" that runs in my family, so I figure I'm actually quite lucky.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Archived