Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, Hows it going?

Heya, My name's Jim. The boys call me BIG Jim coz I tend to loom over folks a little at 198cm.

Well I found NF 6 months ago. I had lost a bit of weight due to a dodgy kebab and two hospital visits for gastro related infections. Feeling pretty good about the lighter me I decided to keep going (minus the kebabs).

Started Steve's Basic bodyweight workout, 6 weeks later I decided to go all in and try paleo for 4 weeks. Still paleo...well...90% paleo. Ive recently started supplementing with whey a little and a touch more carbs after working out.

Ive lost ALOT of body fat and gained a heap of strength. Ive also recently signed up for Tough Mudder. I figure ive got 6 months to go truly epic and give it all Ive got.

I can also almost keep up with my 2 year old daughter. Now thats an achievement.

Im hoping to visit the forums as a regular but I work in mining so Im away for at least a week at a time in the middle of the west australian desert.

Hello again and thanks for your time,

Jim

Lift big, eat big, sprint...repeat....

Welcome to Nerd Fitness! Sounds like you're already on the right track Jim. Keeping up with the kids is a worthy goal if ever there was one.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Archived