Forums are back in action! ×

Ola to all le Rebels =]

Hey Rebels and thanks for checking out my intro =D

I've been creeping around NF for a while now and finally feel ready to say g'day =] 

So I've always been pretty health concious, but it's only been since stumbling upon NF that I've decided to "level-up" my life and to start actually pushing myself to be the person I know I can be. 

Always been into exercise but whereas I used to train to be SKINNY, I've decided I want to train to be healthy, fit and strong and hopefully in doing so I can drop my body fat percentage.  I'm not talking body-building low, but probably around the 18% mark which for a female of my age is perfectly healthy and attainable.  Recently had a DEXA scan so that I could determine a starting point and voila, I'm currently sitting at 21.8% bf.  Like SO MANY OTHERS I've been obsessed with cardio, thinking that if i slaughter myself on the treadmill I'll get to the size and shape I thought I wanted but since happening upon NF, I've started incorporating more free weight and body weight exercises into my gym routine and HOLY SH*T it's made a difference!!! I feel stronger, I feel healthier and GODDAMN there is some definition happening!!! Not only that, but I've decided I'd rather be the strongest and fittest version of me possible as opposed to the skinny ideal I thought I'd kill for.

My next challenge in regards to exercise is to perform unassisted pull-ups and to give barefoot running a go =D

With my diet, I've always been an avid vege fan however it's only since joining NF that I've discovered the Paleo diet and the magic it works!  I'm still easing into it (today I bought a tonne of almonds so I can make my own milk, bye bye to Cow-y goodness!) but I'm impressed with how much it's improved my insides, outsides and most importantly my perception of food!!  I'm a self-confessed binge-eater, and I find that by following the Paleo diet, I don't feel the need to binge and i definitely don't crave the types of foods that i'd usually binge on.  That right there tells me that you guys are on to something...

So why join the Rebellion when I could just continue creeping?  Because I feel like I need more support in achieving my goals and in turn I'd like to support you guys.  I want to interact with like-minded people and I want to learn as much as I can about healthy eating, exercise that WORKS and the lifestyle that I think can help me achieve BALANCE!!  I want to feel like I'm apart of something and most importantly, I want to make myself proud!!

Like I said, I'm still only new to NF and the Rebellion, but I'm pretty stoked to have joined you all here and I'm pretty keen to start living the Rebel life =]

¡Bienvenidos! I was a former lurker too and decided to join the Rebellion as well. It's such a great resource!

- Daniel

Ras'taban

Level 3 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 2 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 7 | CHA 2

All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

j.r.r. tolkien

Also a former lurker here who finally decided to join :) I found it so easy to convince myself that I didn't need to share anything and that I was just appreciating the knowledge. There's really just something that can't be beat about a community and the sense of accountability you feel...

From one newbie to another--welcome! 

Level 1 Ranger

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

Archived