Forums are back in action! ×

Intro/Goals... no more lurking!

I've been an avid NF reader for a while now, as well as a lurker of the forums. I guess it's about time for me to pony up and hold myself accountable.

Vital Stats:

Height: 6'0

Weight: 165

About me:

I am a 26 year old, married father of two wonderful kiddos (ages 3 years, and 6mos). I graduated college in the winter of 2009 with a degree in marketing. While in college I was incredibly active. I played my sport of choice, basketball, at least 5 days a week for 3-4 hours a day. On top of that, I worked at a restaurant (first waiting tables, then bartending, then head culinary trainer, then management) so I was constantly on my feet moving around. Since then, I've joined the corporate grind (for now...) and sit behind a desk all day.

I've always been super active and athletic and  have considered myself a "jock-nerd". 4 sports in high-school, huge sports nut, adventure junkie, avid reader, PC gamer, card collecting, etc. Having recently entered the second half of my twenties, I've come to realize that I need to change my eating habits if I want to be able to stay as active, healthy, and competitive as I have always been. I've never had to watch what I eat, but I've always tried to eat "healthy".

Interests/Hobbies:

- Family

- Sports (primarily basketball, football, baseball) and Fantasy sports

- Business/Finance/Entrepreneurship/Investing, etc

- Mountain Biking/Hiking/Camping/Being outdoors

- Reading

- Computer programming (been picking this up recently)

- Traveling

- Learning

-Philanthropy/giving back

- Many other random and weird things!

Why I'm Here:

I want to be a part of this community for three main reasons:

1.) Hold myself accountable for my goals and what I say I am going to do

2.) Learn from, be inspired, and hopefully inspire fellow Rebels

3.) Contribute meaningful/helpful content to this great community.

Hopefully I will be able to help others as well as myself.

Goals: I try to set most of my goals to be achievable in 2-3 year windows, and then re-evaluate and set even bigger ones! I think that leveling up your life should include all aspects of your life.

Personal:

My #1 priority is and always will be to "Raise a healthy, happy, successful, always cherish the little moments, and never take anything for granted."

- Be able to take 2 extended vacations with the family each year.

- "De-clutter" my life. (Less things, more experiences/memories)

- More sleep

- Earlier to bed & earlier to rise (I'm thinking 10:00 and 6:00 respectively)

- Never accept mediocrity

- Read more and begin writing

- Live stress free

Fitness & Health:

- Find, try, and stick to a healthy eating lifestyle that fits for me (Currently thinking some variation of Paleo...).

- Run more

- Run at least one 5k per month (Also get my time under 22:00)

- Participate and complete a 1/2 marathon

- Bike more. I absolutely love biking and whenever my schedule allows I go on trips to the mountains with my dad and shred it up!

- I want to have the ability to take 6 weekend trips per year.

- Bike at least 3 times per week

- Regain and improve on my peak athletic ability and compete in sports leagues as long as I can.

- Until the last couple of years I played in 2 basketball leagues and a flag football league at a high level

- Learn parkour

- Hit and maintain a goal weight of 175 lean.

- Increase flexibility

- Meditate every day

Career:

- Have a career that I look forward too every morning that allows me to positively impact people's lives.

- Increase my income to $80,000 per year from at least 3 sources. (Currently ~$50,000 from one source )[Please edit if unappropriate]

- Own my own business(es) that are profitable

Personal Finance:

- 100% debt free

- 6 months of living expenses in a liquid cash account

- Have significant funds set aside for children's future

- Have fully funded 401k and IRA for both my wife and I

Travel:

- Revisit New Zealand with the family

- Visit Ireland (family roots)

- Visit an 10 new states

Of course, these goals will change slightly and be tweaked some.. some added (ok, probably a lot added), but hey, you gotta start somewhere.

I look forward to Rebelling with you guys and gals!

- Stephen/Stan

Wood Elf Assassin

Level 2

STR: 2 | DEX: 4.5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 6 | CHA:3 |

Challenge #1

Challenge #2

Archived