Forums are back in action! ×

Another Noob Checking In!

I'm just getting started on my Nerd Fitness Journey and am really excited about starting my first 6 week challenge tomorrow.

I lift weights 3 days a week in my home gym with my husband who is a great help with giving me instruction and direction. Before the winter, I was also running 3 days a week, but am currently only able to get out once a week due to snow, wind, etc. I have also done yoga in the past, but I haven't done it for the last few months as I've been having a hard time fitting it into my schedule.

I'm currently training to do a 2 day charity bike ride in May with my husband. It is a total of 65 - 88 miles over the two days (depending on the route we take). This is going to be a challenge for me as I have only been cycling for a couple of years and have just been doing it for fun. The longest distance I have done in one day is 24 miles, which I did last August. I purchased an indoor bike trainer so I can train during the winter, but I've just started using it. I have 11 weeks left to train.

I have also done a few 5K road races over the last couple years and am looking forward to more this year. I'm a slow runner and would really like to cut down my time this year.

Level 2 Half Elf ScoutSTR 2.25 l DEX 2 l STA 5.75 l CON 5.25 l WIS 7 l CHA 4.5

Items: Shiny belt of endurance

Current challenge  l First Challenge

Welcome to the Rebellion! It sounds like you've already got some great habits going.

Mind if I ask which charity bike ride you are doing? Sounds a lot like the MS Society rides. Having an indoor trainer will definitely help during the cold months, and if you're already hitting 24 you're in good shape. If it's like the MS 150 in Texas, there were stops every 5 to 15 miles, so riders could go for distances that were comfortable for them and then take breaks when needed. It was still one heck of an experience though.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Archived