Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone!

I just found NF today, and I'm excited to get started. I've struggled with my weight and overall fitness level for longer than I care to admit! I'm ready to get in shape, once and for all! I started an exercise routine about 2 weeks ago, but food is still my biggest issue...my goal is to slowly start integrating a Paleo lifestyle.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." ~ Muir

[fitbit] [battle log] [twitter]

I found slowly moving into paleo to be much easier! What kind of workout are u doing? Also, welcome!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I've been doing a lot of elliptical/ treadmill/ stair climber...which is getting boring (searching for other options is how I found NF). I'm going to start HIIT a few times a week and try to get more creative with weight lifting.

I've been doing some research on Paleo and it seems pretty overwhelming right now!

Welcome to the rebellion. A new lifestyle (paleo e.g.) can be overwhelming.  Spezzy has some blog posts about how she got into paleo.  Basically she said she stopped buying bread as one of her first challenge goals.  Didn't make it a big deal, didn't tell herself she was avoiding bread, just ate the bread she had till she ran out and didn't buy any more.  I think the next thing she did that with was milk, apparently she kept going till she got really into Paleo (I can't remember if she said she went full paleo or partially). Something to consider to keep the whelming to an acceptable levle.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I am doing the whole partial Paleo thing. First step for me was just cutting all gluten. Still eating bread, but only stuff that is made without gluten. Flaxseed isn't too bad.

As far as workouts go, if you are a little intimidated by weights, then try body weight workouts first. You can get an awesome workout with just you. It really is important to do resistance training.

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

Thank you both for the support!

I think I'll do as you've suggested and start by going gluten free and take it from there. I still have brown rice in the house, so I'll use it up before going totally grain free.

I'll also look for spezzy's blog posts! I'm definitely going to use the NF body weight work outs, too.

Archived