Forums are back in action! ×

Faith & hard work will conquer my quirks

Hi all, My husband and I are new here and are seeking to improve ourselves in every way that we can. I am a mother to two beautiful children, A 3 year old girl and a 6 month old boy. Through this experience I hope to grow spiritually, physically, and take control over my anxious nature.

Things that you should know about me:

I am a Christian

A mother 

I am 25 and my husband is 26 ;)

I enjoy gardening and reading when I get the chance

I am a business management student

I love coffee more than anyone should

Quirks

I am deathly afraid of sharks and alligators and have reoccurring nightmares about them biting my legs off...

I HATE turning left and will drive 10 minutes out of the way just to avoid doing so
I hate driving in traffic and avoid leaving the house (if at all possible) during busy driving hours
Awkward situations make me physically hurt, I can't stand to watch!!
I am incredibly awkward and often plan out simple tasks to avoid feeling stupid (such as which of my in-laws that I should hug before leaving)

I also suffer from 3 bulging discs in my lower back which can be extremely painful when they flare up. Since getting pregnant with my son I have also begun having cluster headaches. I visit the Chiropractor when I can and that seems to help more than anything so far. Through this experience I plan to alter my diet in hopes to enhance my overall health. I plan on starting out slow by following a Gluten-free diet and slowly transition into a form of paleo. I also want to strengthen my core and increase flexibility to alleviate back pain. In addition I will incorporate daily spiritual challenges to build my overall character and to grow in my faith.  

Welcome to the rebellion! It's great that you and your husband are joining together - built-in accountability is the best.

It sounds like you have a good idea of what areas you want to work on. Have you looked into joining the 6 week challenge? You'll find a lot of us working on going paleo (or primal, in my case), as well as some help for exercising with specific modifications for injury/issues.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Archived