Forums are back in action! ×

What's this? An introduction?

Hey folks!

Arian here. :D I'm a 20 year old college student, been running some off and on, not reliably enough that I could call myself a runner. This is a thing I'd like to change! I'm also interested in fencing and the tango and parkour; all things that will take time and fitness and should probably go on my to-do list en route to badassery.

I've been perusing the site for a while, but the blog post today motivated me to go ahead and join in for real; thus this! Also my joining the current 28 day challenge challenge. Huzzah!

Fencing, tango, parkour and running. Now THAT is a fitness program you will never find at a gym. I love it.

Welcome! Glad to see you already signed up to the challenge, you trooper!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Haha, right? I think, as far as physical demand, fencing is the most doable at the moment. I moved out of the town with a Maestro in it though. XD I might have to look into a less swordy martial art, though I don't know a whole lot about the different styles.

^^ Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm super excited to see where this rebellion takes me!

Welcome! Looks like you are my senior by a couple of hours in the rebellion :). I'm also interested in parkour, though I'm just a beginner. If you know of any good resources, please let me know! I can send you stuff as I come across it too if you'd like. :) Good luck!

I am relatively new here as well. I'm doing some strength exercises to build up to start parkour basics in the next couple of months. I found a link here to a great post on beginning parkour. Check out the assassin's section as well, as they have some more basic moves to work on as well.