Forums are back in action! ×

New rebel reporting

Guest Aquia

Hello my fellow nerds. :D I've been reading a bit here and there for a while now, but today I decided to join the rebellion in earnest.

I'm gonna try to give you the short version of why I'm here: (If anyone's interested, feel free to ask for the long one)

I'm a slacker. I've never lazed out completely, (at least not for any extended amount of time,) but I've almost never put my full effort into anything for more than a short while. I'm not fat or unhealthy, but I'm not really fit either, I'm not unpopular, but still a bit socially awkward, (was bullied in school => social problems => yadayadayada,) I'm fairly smart, but I don't feel like I'm really using that. I think you get the idea, I'm average. In pretty much every regard, and I'm tired of it.

Who I am, and who I want to be don't line up so well, so I want to change that, and that's why I'm here. I'm hoping that in this community and the rest of the site I may find help to keep my focus and sources of inspiration to keep me motivated.

Whew that was a bit serious... Anyway heres a few bulletpoints about me:

I'm a 21 year-year-old guy from Denmark (anyone else?) currently studying maths at a university in Copenhagen.

I like video games and anime, (both of them at times a bit too much,) I also love music and play the trumpet and piano.

I tend to make elaborate plans, but have trouble following through.

I like helping others, and sometimes feel I'm better at giving advice than actually following it myself.

I moved away from my parents to the other end of the country fairly recently, and feel like I am sort of in the beginning stages of grasping who and what I want to be.

I would like this to say that this is the turning point, that from here on things will change, but I've thought that before...

I'm a hopelessly optimistic person wrapped in a shell of realism, cynisism, and pessimism. (I think.)

And after all that, if you're still reading, I thank you for listening to my rambling.

Aquia

Welcome to the rebellion. I hear you on being better at giving advice than following through for yourself, I'm in the same boat.  The other thing in your post that lept out at me was the elaborate plan thing. I saw you joined the adventurer guild, that's a good first step, If you haven't done the mini challenge for week one, that will help with making realistic plans.  Good luck.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived