Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there!

Add me to the newbie list.  I've read a few NF articles off and on as people have linked me to them but it wasn't until I read one girl's success story today that I was really motivated to join the community.

3 weeks ago I weighed myself and I was the heaviest I have ever been (201).  It was beyond depressing and though everyone says I don't look like I'm that big, I know I am.  So I'm committed to making a change and I figured this would help.  Since I weighed myself I have lost a few lbs but I have a loooooong way to go before I get into my goal jeans.

I just turned 39 and my gift to myself for my 40th b-day will be a better body and a beach vacation with a hot new bikini to show it off. ;)  I have been traveling for the last 6 months and have gained quite a bit of weight as a result of having to eat out a lot so I am excited about getting back to my home on Friday and getting back to my normal eating patterns.

I have joined the challenge and look forward to getting to know everyone.

Hi Tanktimus.  I'm frustrated because usually I totally shed weight while traveling.  That happened in the first part of my trip (lost 4" o my waist in a week) but the last month was italy, scotland and Ireland and I'm not a huge fan of going out in the rain so the lack of movement coupled with the food and pints in the pub killed me and I packed on the pounds. :)  But, I will be home on Friday and will re-join the gym on Saturday and get my ass back in gear.

I am an Adventurer (seemed appropriate on many levels. :)).

Thanks for the welcome!

Archived