Forums are back in action! ×

:D Hey everyone! 

So, I'm a 5'4" 26 year old from California, and I've been struggling with my weight pretty much all of my life. It started in middle school, which to say the least was the worst time of my life. I started getting picked on for being even just a little bit overweight back then, as well as other things (such as not wearing make up). And although all of this bothered me back then, I of course never thought to do anything about it (I just blame that on being young and still a bit carefree though). Fast forward to high school, when I had gained even more weight. I think I was around 160-180 lbs in high school at 5'4", and for the most part, I had a great time there. I had a wonderful circle of nerdy friends I could watch anime with, visit conventions and whatever other shenanigans we could get into. Buuut, eventually you find those people and I started getting made fun of again by a classmate.  That's when I thought about doing something to lose weight. Granted, I was young and stupid and my idea of "losing weight' consisted of me starving myself until I had lost about 30 lbs and nearly passed out in gym class. :P Anyway, after that I was made to eat my meals and my parents would watch me to make sure. I did try a few times to even purge my food, but I ended up giving up on all of that (for the better, really. That is NOT a way to lose weight and I can't believe I even though that would work. But hey, I was young and naive. I know better now!) 

So flash forward like 8 years, I just kept gaining and gaining until I hit an all time high at about 260 lbs. I got to the point where I just didn't see a point in losing the weight and I didn't care. That was until I met my boyfriend on WoW and we ended up dating. He knew I was really overweight and still loved me for it. But despite knowing that, I wanted to lose weight. I know you need to lose weight for yourself, but love can be a motivation for that too! So, I started watching what I ate, going to the gym practically every day and cut out soda/stopped eating late at night. In the 3 months before we met for the first time, I ended up losing about 40 lbs. Still nothing close to what I wanted before I met him, but it was incredible progress for me and I was lighter than I had been for the first time in like 4 years. Well...I ended up falling off track with that and gained back about 10-15 lbs since then. I'm determined to get back to working out and eating right. I ultimately want to get down to 120-130 lbs. But for now, I'd be happy just to get under 200 lbs, which I haven't been since the end of high school. I've already joined my first challenge for February and I look forward to completing it and hoping to see some progress! :3

Here's a few other fact thingies to get to know me better:

-I have asthma, something I've had since I was about 8 years old. Hoping losing the weight will get rid of the constant use of my inhalers/nebulizer!

-I love animals! I currently have a Jack Russel Terrier named "Atticus" (After Atticus Finch, yes. :P ), and a Miniature Doberman named Star. 

-I love video games. I cannot stress this one enough. Mostly MMOs, though. I'm a WoW addict, but like to play other games such as Guild Wars, Sims 3 (I need at least one casual type game, don't I? Controlling lives is so much fun! Mwahahaha!), and a bunch of other games. Trying out the beta for Path of Exile at the moment. I also love the Lunar games (Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete, and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue). 

-I'm a fan of anime and love to watch random series with my boyfriend. Currently I've been watching Fairy Tail, Accel World and Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai. 

-Drawing is an off and on again thing with me. I love to do it, but lately I just can't find the motivation.

-I'm a certified nursing assistant, and got my state license back in February of 2012. 

-I'm really shy and don't do well in crowds

-I'm a night owl. I love staying up late, which...I honestly shouldn't do. :P 

-I like my Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. ...so yeah, my avatar might randomly be changed to pony. Don't be alarmed. 

Uh...Other than that, my plans for losing weight are following the Nerd Fitness Guide with it's diet and exercise guides. I want to eventually try out Paleo, but I just need to read up on it a bit more (yay for this website being so informative). Although my ultimate goal is to get down to 120-130 lbs, I want to first try to just get under 200 lbs. 

SO YEAH, that's it! ...I could write a lot more but I honestly think I've already written enough and this wall of text is probably going to crit everyone who reads it. :3

Level 1 Human Adventurer

STR: 2   DEX:  2  STA: 2

CON:  2  WIS:   CHA:  3

"It's a tad easier to be proud when you come in first than it is when you finish further back. But there's no reason to hide when you don't do as well as you'd hoped. You can't run away from your problems. Better to run to your friends and family."-Twilight Sparkle

Archived