Forums are back in action! ×

The Simple Secret to Time Management: Jedi Time Tricks via Lifehacker

Twentythree

Foudn this on Lifehacker, thought I'd share. I have problems with this sometimes, and I speculate many others do too.

Imagine you were a Jedi master called Bob (your parents, whilst skilled in the ways of the force weren't the best at choosing names). The love of your life—Princess Lucia—is trapped in a burning building as you hurry to save her.

You might think of Lucia as the embodiment of your dreams, your aspirations—she is your most important thing.

Unfortunately, before you can reach her an army of stormtroopers open fire. The incoming stream of lasers demand your attention—if you fail to dodge them, you're dead. You might think of them as an urgent distraction from saving your princess.

We all know how a hero resolves this dilemma. If he takes his eye off the ultimate goal—his princess—then all his other efforts are for nought. He can engage an army of stormtroopers, cutting them down with graceful ease, but their numbers are limitless, and whilst momentarily satisfying they only distract him. Delayed too long, his princess will
die.

And so it is with your life. You have things that are most important and things that are most urgent in permanent competition:

more at http://lifehacker.com/5986518/the-simple-secret-to-time-management-jedi-time-tricks?tag=productivity

Franklin Covey (7 Habits of highly effective people) had a four square matrix for time management

Important           Not-Important

Urgent         First Priority       3rd priority

Not Urgent  Second Priority     4th priority

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived