Forums are back in action! ×

In desperate search for my (old/new) harajuku moment.

Hi, I'm Daniel.

In the past year I managed to lose 30kg (66.6lbs) in 5 months.

Some of you might even remember me because I participated in the challenges and posted pictures of myself every now and then.

Since I managed to quit my dreadful job at Nintendo and started a pretty awesome job as Game Master in Berlin, I put on 15 of those kilos I lost :l

Since I moved to Berlin 3 months ago, I mainly lived in Hostels and Hotels (I was pretty damn unlucky so far with finding a flatshare), which is why I could never control what food I eat, to the extent I want to control it. And because of that lack of control of food I also started to lose my motivation for going to the gym each week.

Until it dropped completely. That happened even though I really enjoyed going to the gym before I moved to Berlin :l

Well when I was in Frankfurt, probably -the- main motivation was that I finally had made a friend who actually really gave a shit about my well being. Of course family and other friends do so too, but in the end they all were like "do w/e the hell you want, it's your business".

With moving to Berlin, I lost contact to that one friend and learned the hard way that losing weight was the easy part of my journey. But staying on the low weight is one son of a bitch hell, if you don't have some sort of guidance or can't control your food (well I have as much of control as in "what restaurant/fast food restaurant can I go to?").

And now I'm looking for my harajuku moment, to continue to lose weight while being having to live in hotels/hostels and when I'm not at work, being on apartment hunt.

Oh, for those who didn't read The 4 hour body; the harajuku moment is the moment that makes you realize (again) that you have to do something - but this time you won't stop.

I know there should be enough reasons, like preventing diabetes, preventing genetic disfunctions at my future children, preventing their diabetes, getting older than 30~40 years (I'm 21 atm), women and so on.

But as long as I have to keep on living this way, all these reasons do, is making me shrug.

Do you guys have ideas to get me back on my old "I'm the god damn boy wonder" track?

Greetings from Germany,

Daniel

Injex! Glad to see you again, man! Welcome back! I am still baffled that anyone would QUIT Nintendo, but I'm sure you had your reasons. :P

Discipline will take you a fair ways, but when you're already stretched to the limit trying to get by in a stressful situation, the last thing *I* want to do is drill-seargent myself into more (though positive!) stress. When the time comes to go HARD, you'll feel it. That'll be your moment. In the mean time, how about some fun?

Have you checked meetUp for up-and-moving activities in Berlin that you can go to? Not only would it be fun, but you might meet some new people (and possibly network enough that you can find a spare room or basement suite or something!).

Is there any activity you WANT to do, but can't due to physical limitations right now? I want to take up climbing, but for that I need to do a pullup, which has kept me going for months when I just wanted to give up and eat cake. :P

Also key will be eating a good diet with lots of veggies. Everything leads into everything else. If you feel like you're failing at one thing, it'll drag you down. That's no good at all!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins