Forums are back in action! ×

Fresh Meat!

I've been reading Steve's blog for quiet some time.  big perk- it's allowed at my work which is indeeded fairly restrictive on the sites I can visit.  

I love it- for various reasons and I figured I'd finally jump in to the community.  I think I've just lurked for a while mostly because while I'm an engineer. I'm not an uber nerd gaming nerd.  So sometimes I definitely don't get the references and other nuances- but I'm all about joining communities and being around people who love being fit and are working on goals.  And one's who crack math jokes.  

What makes up a Jo:

Dancer

Motorcycle enthusiast. 

Engineer.  Or at least I pretend to be ;)

Equestrian

Pain in the ass.

Work out addict

Now to the working out:

I love working out. I'm utterly addicted to it. I have been doing it for since as long as I could walk.  I went to a military school and it was a big part- between various ROTC stuff- and playing soccer- working out was literally just a way of life and something we did.  I was really big into lifting and the soccer stuff- so lots of sprinting and all sorts of shennanigans. 

After school I continued to work out- I did a lot more swimming as a life guard- and practical working out.  But definitely not as much as school.  Moved on with my life and wandered aimlessly with my working out.

I started dancing quiet a bit at this point- dedicated a lot of time and effort and money into class, workshops and my own personal time drilling tech and what not.  This is usually a 1.5-2.5 hour process.  And didn't leave much room for traditional "weight lift + cardio" then add in dance.

I stumbled upon bodyrock.tv and I've been HIITing ever since.  I hate their new site. I admit.  

I still check in but in the last two years found these sites I kind of tag along and follow

Lovingfit.com

Angry Trainer Fitness

Nerd Fitness

and now separate from bodyrock is Zuzka on youtube.

Love them all and the variety I get from the workouts.   I'm jumping in head first to do some challenges and try to join up with the community.

Oh. yes. I'm semi paleo. But I like to do my own personal 30 day challenges with my diet. I'm less concerned about weight loss and more concerned with being fit and healthy and being the best version of me that I can be.  I'm really excited about going hard for the 6 pack abs and 100 day burpee challenge.  I've been inspired by the girl at my gym competing in the Arnold Classic this weekend to shoot for more defined abs.   The switch to paleo-ish made me realize- i'm NOT just stuck at 170ish- and I don't have to be miserable to actually get more definition- I just have to be WAY more proactive.  Can't wait to see how things go.  

I live in the People's Republic of New Jersey so if any one wants to do some running/obstacle course/generic meet up but not turn me into a sock puppet type events- I"m totally down with it.   :)  

I look forward to learning new and exciting things- and yes. I ramble.  It is what it is.  

Thanks for the welcome!

Have fun so far avoiding work and stalking old threads.  Have to remind myself to double check the "last post" time stamp so I don't dredge up old stuff!!! LOL.  :) 

still sorting myself out on some of the forums/subforumns and how things work.  but all is well- fun way to pass time at ye old job and learn new things!

Welcome! What kind of bikes are you into? I love small displacement Yamaha bikes from the seventies, a little AT1 at the moment. Anyway, good luck on your goals! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I have an SV650.  I'm a nut case- I ride all summer.  Not sure how this is going to go- I'm working two jobs and heavily involved in my hobby so it pretty much IS a 3rd job- only I pay out instead of get paid.

Normally I ride on long sport touring trips with a few friends- and I run at the local track (road not drag)... at some point I want to drag knee- but dancing is kind of taking priority this year so I might just be doing day rides and a few over night trips.  

LOL those little bikes are fun.  People get really wrapped up on the big displacement engines but I have to be honest- getting on something in the 200 range for putzing around town is flat giggle inducing.  :)  I don't get into the older bikes- I am a minimalist when it comes to wrenching. I do my own oil and take things apart- but there is definitely a "wrench" factor with older bikes- and I just am too busy- and I don't have a garage- so it's kind of an issue.  And I'm lazy LOL- I'd rather be riding then wrenching.  

People always laugh when I tell them what kind of bikes I'm into. I guess most guys my age are supposed to be riding around on sport bikes or something, lol. Sounds like you really do love it! I love messing with the old bikes and working on them but sometimes it does get really frustrating when all you want to do is ride on a nice day. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Thanks for the welcome!

Have fun so far avoiding work and stalking old threads.  Have to remind myself to double check the "last post" time stamp so I don't dredge up old stuff!!! LOL.   :)

still sorting myself out on some of the forums/subforumns and how things work.  but all is well- fun way to pass time at ye old job and learn new things!

This might help you.

I have booked "My Content" page.  It's real easy to see the threads that have unread posts.  And, if you click the star next to the thread, it will take you to the first unread post.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

sifting through threads isn't as big of an issue- keeping track of the sub-forums and challenges is just laid out in a way that's vastly different from what I'm used to.

Also finding where I "fit" into the groupings was new and different.  I'll get the hang of it!!!  Thanks though- I need to go through and really dig into more the forum etiquette and stuff just to make sure I"m on the same page. 

Archived