Forums are back in action! ×

fresh meat roller girl

Hello Rebels,

I can't say how many times I've fallen off the wagon.  I hate that, though it's not the fall it's the hard stop at the end. I have certain things in place and the best of intentions, but some how, they all just go up in smoke. But then I found that thing, that I love.  I LOVE Roller Derby!!  I found it four years ago, and went, yep, that’s for me.  I love skates, I love contact, I love that being 5'9" and 250 lbs means that I can give and take a hit with out worrying about falling. I know that I love all of this because I went though the fresh meat boot camp (roller derby training) last summer. and I rocked it... well most of it.  I am not a fast person, and there are minimum things that we have to be able to do, which I can do, except the laps.  We have to do 25 laps in 5 minutes.  I can do 22.  <sigh> after testing 4 times and still only  having laps be in my way, I decided that I would need to join the fresh meat this year and work on what I can to get my laps up to par.  Well helping the other freshies and getting better at my skills. 

so here’s what I would like to have in one year:

-pass my testing and be a full roller girl!

-in two years do the local run/obstacle course

-Work out 5 times a week

-go to Cuba next winter and feel great about laying out on the
beach in a swim suit

Now things that I did last year that went to the wayside once the cold weather set in:

-biking to work! (SO looking forward to the end of Canadian winter)

-Swimming/Aqua fit classes

-Derby Practice

new things that I would like to try:

-jogging

-body-weight/free weights at home

-myabe try P90X

I would also love to concentrate on my food, I was working with a personal trainer at work doing nutrition counseling, but I was starting to fudge my intake book, putting in what I knew she wanted
to see, not what I was eating.  but I feel like I need to pick one area first and then work on the other.  Maybe have challenges that are exercise based for one month, then maintain that well adding food based challenges the next month. and I need need need to keep it up. my hubby is supporting me by adding a toonie to a jar for me every time I work out (adding to my Cuba trip fund!). He will eat any thing I cook, so I'm not contending with the "ugg healthy food again!" I just need to get on it and do it all.

Things I can do/have done to get in place to start:

-Start writing in my food journal, again, only real, no fiction

-We are on a waiting list for a great dane puppy that is due in
May, and would come home around July or August (yay forced walking
partner)

-I need to take my bike to get it's yearly tune-up so when the
weather starts getting nicer (no snow) I can get right back to biking
to work. 

-get a new pass for the swimming pool, make a plan for the week of
when I will be at the pool

-get my Ice skates sharped, add skating to my workouts

To do this week:

-food journal

-get skates sharpened

-make a plan for when and what I will do to exercise, at least
three times a week for now. to be increased to 4 in two weeks.

I'm really hoping that this comunity I might find the motivation that I need to get this ass moving much faster.  Thanks-GLW

Good Little Witch

Race: Ogre, Class: Adventurer

Level:2, STR:0, DEX:0, STA:6.5 CON:3.5, WIS:2.5, CHA:0

900 years of time and space, and I've never meet anyone who wasn't important. - Doctor Who

Things Happened and there was Stuff and Shenanigans...- Doctor Who

Welcome! I must say I love that you are a roller derby girl! That whole sport has always seemed so fascinating to me :) 

The food journal is a great start so make sure to get that up and writing, it will help you to see areas that could use improvement (like me needing more vegetables and less junky snack food).

Any questions or support? Feel free to pm me :)

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%