Forums are back in action! ×

Long time lurker...

Hi everyone!

I've been reading Steve's blog for a while and having a little peek every now and then on the forums but I've now started posting on some topics so thought I should introduce myself

I live in Luxembourg and was previously the sort of person that would never ever ever set foot in a gym or try a sport. My mum told me from a young age that if I had her genes that there was no chance I would be any good at physical activity (it didn't help that my brother is amazing at any sport he tries so I felt silly everytime I tried something and failed). I have to say, I've always done dancing though, but until the age of about 23 I was always very naturally slim although I had my pudgy bits (lower belly....).

When I was 23 I quit smoking and tried to do what was best for my body - I started going to the gym everyday and I LOVED it. It was all spinning and cardio classes but at the time it was fun. Unfortunately I started eating like a beast at the same time and gained a lot of wieght (around 10/15kg) of pure fat. I was constantly unhappy with myself and lived on a elliptical machine and rabbit food... until last year!

in around April 2012 I discovered weight training and paleo - my mood has never been more stable! I can see where I would like my body to improve but it doesn't bring me to tears every single night (like before).

I lift heavy 2/3 times per week and I run, dance or swim 2/3 times per week.

I'm not doing a challenge but for the next 6 weeks I want to focus on burning fat. I build muscle ridiculously fast and unfortunately it's now got to the point where I look 'buff' because the fat isn't gone yet.

I'm super excited to see the strong, lean 'me' in a few months!!!

Welcome to Nerd Fitness! So good to hear that you are finding the you that makes you happy. Look forward to seeing the stronger leaner you in a few months too.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Archived