Forums are back in action! ×

One step at a time

Hello fellow rebels,

as you might have guessed, I'm new to the forum.

I occassionaly read the nerdfitness blog and some time ago, I decided it is time to change my unhealthy life.

I'm 36 years old. Not overweighted, but 'undermuscled'. I have a 9-5 job (or better 8-7 job) where I'm sitting on a chair 98% of the working time.

I used to smoke a pack of cigarettes a day and I drank only coffe and cola the whole day.

So here are my small milestones till today:

- Stopped smoking after 20 years on December 30th 2012. I now use an e-cigarette to stay sane :-)

- Switched at work from 0.5L Cola and as much coffee as I could drink to ~2 coffees and 1.5L water

- Registered to the Nerdfitness Newsletter and to this forum.

- Did my first Nerdfitness Beginner training yesterday. After 2 sets I could barely walk and I now have a huge muscle ache in my legs. But somehow the pain feels awesome, because I finally feel my body and that's lovely.

That's it so far,

I hope to get some encouragement and knowledge from the forum and maybe attend some 6 week challenges :-)

Have a nice day!

Vince

Haha I love that "not overweight, but under muscled". I feel that way a lot.

And your milestones seem pretty darn great to me. Giving up smoking and soda at the same time? And you're not in jail for murder? Between the nicotine and caffeine withdraw, Im sure it was hard to stay sane That's pretty epic. Way to go!

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

Str - 4.5 Dex - 3 Con - 1 Sta - 3  Wis - 4 Cha - 5

It's okay to be happy to see me. Just because you're English doesn't mean you need to hide your emotions.

I'm Irish. We let people know how we feel. Now f*** off.

Thanks. I must admit, I get my nicotine trough the electronic cigarette and I still drink cola at home and coffee in the morning. But for me, it still is a huge change in my lifestyle :-)

And yes, January was really bad. I hated everything and everyone. But I feel better now. :-D

Well, cutting down is still a big thing. I know I keep trying to cut out sugar (and bread, to eat more Paleo) and only after a day or two I become The Evil Queen and even my dogs hide in the other room. (Okay, its not quite that bad, but I'm pretty darn grumpy)

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

It's okay to be happy to see me. Just because you're English doesn't mean you need to hide your emotions.

I still get it in fruit and stuff, but normally I would dump a ton into my cereal (and I mean on sugar cereal too). Think Lucky Charms with half a cup of sugar on top. Its pretty gross to think about, but I have a sweet tooth.

Lvl 1 Khajit Ranger

Archived