Forums are back in action! ×

So yeah, blew through a challenge already...

Guess I am in better shape then I thought.

Part of this months challenge was to run a mile in sub7 minutes.

So naturally I put the treadmill on a 6:40 pace and wanted to see how long I could keep it up before I stopped, and then just try to improve that time. I went for 8 minutes -_-. Not easily, but no where near my limits.

All those hours of cardio during the summer has *FINALLY* put me back into shape to where I could have been in high school.

So I guess the next challenge is sub6 minute mile right?

"She turned me into a newt!"

"A newt?"

"I got better..."

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/NFPlex

That's NFPlex.

That's awesome! Well done!

If you set the pace for 5:40 and blast through it, I think "sad" is the last thing you'll be. :P

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Don't worry guys. I *killed* myself this summer on the cardio machines, I think that's why I am having such an easy time getting through this.

@Clawed_bear: His workouts make me think I am a little girl. I feel like I want to vomit/die at the end of 3 hours. and I am in *much* better shape then I was when we started.

"A newt?"

"I got better..."

That's NFPlex.

Can't. Dude wrestled for 15 years, went to states all 4 times in high school, was captain of high school wrestling 4 years, and got college on scholarship for wrestling. In addition, he's a (#*&% ninja. Trained last summer for an MMA match which didn't happen. He has no blindside.

"A newt?"

"I got better..."

That's NFPlex.

Can't. Dude wrestled for 15 years, went to states all 4 times in high school, was captain of high school wrestling 4 years, and got college on scholarship for wrestling. In addition, he's a (#*&% ninja. Trained last summer for an MMA match which didn't happen. He has no blindside.

Well, if you can't get him from behind, then a frontal attack is best (no-one really expects it). Switch training, go all crossfit 'Scary Awesome SPEZZY!' on him (yes, Spezzy, have to love you and your awesome attitude, but your workouts bring the fear of death into me) and go back and show him who's boss. Or you could just become a pirate. Everyone knows that pirates are way cooler and much more diabolically evil than ninjas. Ninjas vs pirates = ninja's dead.

The difference between ninjas and pirates is that pirates have guns. Blunderbuss > smoke bomb.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

You know what, you're awesome for running that fast, and damn lucky to have such a badass friend.

If you're determined to kick his butt, though, try booby trapping him with bacon.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

It's cold out.

I refuse to actually do anything for time in anything less then the lightest shorts etc I can find and pretty much a beater. I am *not* doing this cold or wet. So until then, its still treadmill time... (next goal is 5:42 pace mile on the treadmill, I can sustain it so far for about 4:30)

"A newt?"

"I got better..."

That's NFPlex.

Well, if you can't get him from behind, then a frontal attack is best (no-one really expects it). Switch training, go all crossfit 'Scary Awesome SPEZZY!' on him (yes, Spezzy, have to love you and your awesome attitude, but your workouts bring the fear of death into me) and go back and show him who's boss. Or you could just become a pirate. Everyone knows that pirates are way cooler and much more diabolically evil than ninjas. Ninjas vs pirates = ninja's dead.

psh, my workouts aren't scary! they're fun!! :)

and i fully recommend the CF :)

I'm... sore this morning.

Like, truly sore, for the first time in a long time.

And my workout yesterday was less than twelve minutes.

congrats on the mile, plex. i wish i could do that!

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

@Spezzy:

Thanks. I was reading (stalking) your challenge log and looks like we both had burning lungs from cigarettes to overcome. I remember thinking the same thought of 'gee, I regret everything I ever did bad to my lungs right now'.

But it's not really the lungs right now stopping me, it is much more the leg endurance. It's just a very high level of intensity and last week I was trying a ketagenic variation of paleo and I had no endurance. I am back on the fruits/nuts bandwagon and I think just going to be much happier.

Also, Man makers (about to rename those to Plexicles)

"A newt?"

"I got better..."

That's NFPlex.