Forums are back in action! ×

Hi

Just another lurker who finally decided to actually join the forum. I'm 19, about 6 feet tall and 215 lbs. I'm from Everett, a city in Washington, about 50 miles North of Seattle. It rains a lot. I like to read anything that's fiction, play video games (mostly rpgs but every genre has it's place on my shelves), and watch movies. I practice Tae Kwon Do, and have about 4 years of experience in that. I've also started learning parkour, but haven't really gotten past rolling just yet.

I would like to lose about 30 pounds, and definitely become more flexible. I can touch my shins I think. I tend to be really shy and am bad at meeting people, so I hope to meet lots of the cool people here and become friends.

Hiya! Triple thumbs up (can I do that?) at the flexibility goal. Awesome choice! You'd be amazed at all the different ways it comes in handy, especially martial arts and parkour.

Is TKD your primary exercise, or do you do anything else on the side? If you want, come join our 28 Day Challenge, and level up 3-4 goals in the next month. It's a great way to meet people here, and we nag you to stay accountable.

Also, woot RPGs! What do you play? We have a few FF addicts on the site (myself included), but I have been known to play BG and my personal favorite multiplayer game, BG:DA2

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

I'd say it was my primary exercise. About 8 hours a week. I've also been going to the gym once or twice a week for about an hour or two each time. I do like FF, although my brother is a much bigger fan. I personally prefer the Grandia series. Not as long, but the story and combat system more than make up for it. BG was a very good series. Me and my brother used to play it all the time.

Welcome- another Snohomish county resident here. I don't think it's too late to jump into the March challenge if you have a small handful of fitness goals you'd like to work on and want to meet some peeps on the board- touching your toes and general flexibility can be a goal.

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki