Forums are back in action! ×

Study/certification thoughts

As with all new things, the more you learn, the more you realize what you don't know. In trying to get to know my body, and how to work out smart and what is actually going on when doing so, I've found out just how much I need to learn and more. I have been reading through the articles on here, I also just ordered "Anatomy of Movement" and "Anatomy of Movement Exercises." I have also been thinking about going through the ACE or NSCA program to get more educated, and possibly line myself up for a career in fitness if that is the road that life opens up. I already have a Bachelors degree, and while going back for a kinesiology degree sounds very appealing, it just can't happen in the next year or so. 

Any thoughts on additional sources of info that would be good to digest, or programs to go through that would be helpful to expand a new comers knowledge? I found the last article very informative, and left me wanting to cram more into my brain.

Race - Elf                                                STR - 3                    DEX - 2

Class - Ranger                                        STA - 3                    CON - 2

Level - 0                                                  WIS - 3                    CHA - 2

From the people I know, doing the CSCS from the NSCA will get you in most everywhere. They also mostly give it the qualifier that its just the least silly of all of them! But it's accepted as legit from fitness clubs to pro ball teams. There's a ton of options for education out there and from the client side most don't care. They want results, support, and motivation and they want to like you. If I were twenty years younger I'd do NSCA and then shoot for internships with everyone I respected. What part of the field are you interested in? The answer to that may be your answer...

Thanks for the thoughts Vector. I didn't even think about internships... To be honest I don't know exactly what part of the field I am most interested in. I think that motion and how the body moves is fascinating, as well as how to properly align your body to reduce stress and balance muscle groups. Seeing as I have much to learn to help me work on myself, I think it would be smart to learn from a program and work toward a certification. This way I get knowledge, plus make progress toward finding a possible job/career in fitness. 

Race - Elf                                                STR - 3                    DEX - 2

Class - Ranger                                        STA - 3                    CON - 2

Level - 0                                                  WIS - 3                    CHA - 2

Archived