Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm Aaron.

Nice to meet you. :D

I've been poking around NF for a while, and I've decided to take the plunge and go "all in."

Here's the short version of my story:

I had never really exercised or monitored what I ate. I'm a bit taller than average at 6'1" but have never been athletic. During my last college sememster in 2008, two of my schoolmates proposed a weight loss challenge. I went from about 240 to 196 in 6 months. Of course, this was just by eating less and tons of cardio with a little bit of weights.

Between May of '08 and about July of '12, my job, stress and life in general put me back up to about 225. I was still exercising regularly, but my diet had gotten SLOPPY. I made a few changes and dropped 10 lbs. At the beginning of this year, I proposed a similar contest at my job. This time, I'm going full Paleo and lifting HEAVY weights. Currently, I weigh around 205 with a body fat percentage between 22-24%. I may have won the contest in 2008, but I'm MUCH stronger now. Even at my lightest, I was still around 19% body fat, so my current goal is to get even lower than that.

Reading the articles here has REALLY pumped me up. I'm ready to do work. I'll be joining the Barbell Battallion come Monday!

Looking forward to joining the fight!

Well, I think I'm winning, but there's a couple wild cards in the deck. A coworker's husband is in the contest, but he doesn't work with us--he's Army reserve so he could get whipped back into shape. A buddy of mine has gone vegetarian and has slimmed down a bit and another guy's wife is a harpy who will probably nag the weight away.

One guy says he's gonna start eating nothing but cabbage soup come May. I said "that should work" and walked away.

Archived