Forums are back in action! ×

Perpetually in Beta

Hi all!

I'm Joe, but you can call me JB. I'm an intermediate dieter/exerciser, and I've been here before, but I bailed, and have since forgotten logins and passwords, and I didn't like that guy all that much anyway. He made a lot of excuses. I'm done being him. So I'm back. 

Quick rundown: I'm married, with twin sons, and one day I found out I weighed 300 pounds. I was huge. Scary huge. I signed up to run from zombies, and dropped 60 pounds! *yay!* I've gained 25 of them back. *sad face* I can't actually express how much that blows. So I've gotta do something. No pity parties here.

Last time I was here, I didn't participate much. I was scared. Of strangers. That's actually normal for me. Not a fan of that. So let's change what's normal, eh?

So here's what I'm doing: a good friend of mine drags me to a cycling class at my gym once or twice a week, and I'm starting back on the strength training. I haven't decided which plan I'm starting with, but I'm counting on the warriors to help me out. I'm also starting the walk back toward paleo/primal eats. I did well with that, and then I abandoned it for Christmas. Bad idea, so time to get back to it.

Thank you for being here, friends. I hope I'm ready.

JB 2.0

Level 1 Simian Ranger
STR 4.5|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.

-R.A. Salvatore

My Challenge Thread | My Battle Log | Battle Log Spreadsheet | Down and Dirties!

Last time I was here, I didn't participate much. I was scared. Of strangers. That's actually normal for me.

As a classic introvert and having what may charitably be called socialization issues, I can empathize. Folks here have been very welcoming and quite friendly. You'll be fine. Welcome.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

@mike_bravo - True. The Dudes are pretty amazing, and keeping up with them gets harder every day. A family member has it in her head that the best way to motivate me is to remind me that I need to be around for them, and I tried to think on that, but I feel like it's too abstract a thought to provide concrete motivation, if that makes sense. I don't know how I feel about death, so it's less effective in pushing me one way or another. I do, however, know that I don't want the Dudes to experience the difficulties that I've had to manage for the last 20 years. My overall goal is to get to 170-180 pounds, which I've not seen since high school graduation or earlier. Seriously! At age 17, I weighed at least 90 pounds less than I do now. Painful. 

@allirep - Thanks! I'm ready for a good outing this go round.

JB 2.0

Level 1 Simian Ranger
STR 4.5|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.

-R.A. Salvatore

My Challenge Thread | My Battle Log | Battle Log Spreadsheet | Down and Dirties!

Archived