Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Majorca, I am Pau

Hi all there!

Like many I have been lurking the blog for a while and now I join the forums.

I am 24, studying computer engineering in Majorca, Spain and finally decided to take my life a serious step forward. I had been doing kendo and keeping myself well until a couple of years ago when I "had" to drop it to focus at college. I know, big mistake.

Last summer my fiancee left me and I began a not-very-healthy spiral of pizzas, nachos and couch diving. That put me on 112kg (~ 250 pounds) and, while I am 184cm height (6 feet half inch), it marked the low down.

I dumped junk-food and recovered some sport habits so I hit 98 kilos (~216 pounds) at New Year's eve. For the last two months I have been bouncing between 95-98 (~ 209-216 pounds) but I feel stuck. Last month I tried to make a private challenge of one push up and I did not make it.

So now I want to go further and but not alone anymore.

My goals are to stop getting tired of walking a couple of flights of stairs and be able to at least do a couple push-ups. Medium term I want to be able to make a 5k. I do not really want to be ab-ripped or win Ninja Warrior but to overcome this sadness that comes when I go out for a run and almost faint before arriving to the park.

This last couple of months have showed me how much stamina and self-respect you recover while getting in shape and I know I can do even better.

Thanks!

Welcome to nerd fitness. Glad to see that you already have some goals in mind. It will help keep you on track. Make sure to make some short term goals as well as long term. It is nice to have a few wins along the way.

6'1'' ~271 lbs. (-14 8-5-12, -49 from max)

back to 290 :( 6/5/14

Clark - SE TN, US
Married +3 boys (11,5,2)
http://www.facebook.com/clarkbryant
http://www.twitter.com/clark_bryant
https://www.fitbit.com/user/2DYTCZ

Hey, welcome! Congradulations on your success so far, that's awesome tht you turned your health around like that. I'm also working on pushups right now. It doesn't look hard until you try to do it!

If you want, come play with us at the 28 Day Challenge. Sign up for a squad and we'll pair you with 6 other people who will stalk and cheer you to success. It's a fun way to stay accountable, and it's cool to see what you can accomplish in a month.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Um, do you LIVE on Majorca now Pau?

Will definitely have to try and make it over to the island when I"m in Spain, because it looks absolutely GORGEOUS.

Best way to get better at push ups - one at a time. Start with wall push ups, then move down to doing them on your stairs (at the highest stair you have), and then as you get stronger, you can start moving your hands down to lower and lower steps until you're doing them from the ground.

Make them a priority. Every other day, without fail, do push ups. You will get stronger :)

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Um, do you LIVE on Majorca now Pau?

Yes, I was born and live here. And I absolutely recommend coming to the island (before or after visiting Ibiza ;) )

Best way to get better at push ups - one at a time. [...] Every other day, without fail, do push ups.

I am planning on monday-wednesday-friday plan plus weekends as a free work.

I will join the challenge and a squad so let's make this March rock :D