Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, everyone! So, I sort of had a bit of a look-in a while back and never really did anything about it. My name is Stephanie. I'm 30. I'm married with 3 kids. I'm also a full time graduate student. This semester is kind of the equivalent of having a full time job, a part time job, and attending school full time (plus taking care of my family). So, of course, I'm going to start getting in shape! I'm hoping that the support of everyone here will help me stay on track and power through!

My goals are:

1) to transition to an all paleo diet by the end of June.

2) to be able to do one pull-up by the end of 2013.

3) to lose 30 lbs by the end of 2013.

I'm trying to give myself enough time to achieve these things. In the past I've tried to push too hard and burned myself out. So, if I meet my goals early, great, if not, that's perfectly fine, too! I'd love any input you guys care to give on my goals (or anything else)!

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

HI and welcome aboard the NF Train!!!

I think you have some great start up goals considering your CRAZY schedule!  And like you said if you meet some of these goals early then you can add on and set new goals.

I am like you where I would try to jump in to a new diet and workout routine and push myself way to hard.  I would burn out really quick and quit because I felt so defeated.  I have been taking baby steps and have been eating semi-healthy for about 8 months  and have just kicked it up a notch trying to go about 70% Paleo.  I have also started working out, about a month ago I started a great body-weight routine.  I had stopped working out to focus mainly on my eating habits and lost a bunch of fat as well as muscle.  I want to get some muscles now so I would like to get in to workouts with more weights.  

Do you plan to work out at home or at a gym?

At the moment I am working out at home because I am too cheap to get a gym membership and I am new to my city.  However, I have been doing my research and looking at the different gyms around my area because it would be nice to start being around and possibly making a few friends with similar life goals.  Most of the people I currently know don't really have and healthy active lifestyle goals.

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Elder, 

Thanks! I'm currently trying to workout at home. I cannot afford a gym membership, so it's really my only option. I'm trying to do Steve's body weight workout (the beginner's one), and interval running (although that's tough since I live in an area that gets snow this time of year)! I'm also thinking about adding a beginner yoga video in as well, just to help increase my flexibility.

I'd love to make friends with similar life goals in my area as well. Then again, I'd like to make friends in the first place! All my friends are online!

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

I haven't done any running as I am in North Western Ontario, Canada and I dislike the cold and snow...wish it would take a hike already!  Hopefully by the end of March I can start getting out side more.

I hear ya about making friends....I have some family here that I see once in a while but my main friend right now is my dog,  Other than him it's the virtual world for me too!  And I am intimidated by new people so that's something I need to work on too.

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Archived