Forums are back in action! ×

Joining the rebellion - it's time to make the REAL push

Hi everyone,

So I only found NF a few days ago and I've decided it's absolutely the best place to make my fitness home.

So here's my story, and I'll kindly include a picture or two!

I've always been a big guy, eating tons of trash and not really exercising. Last year I made a new year's resolution that I actually stuck to for once - "Sort your life out" was the title.

So here's me, January 2012: 249 lbs

"Dude, you look like a thumb with stubble"

419689_3058949245699_443174769_n.jpg

So I began to sort my life out and went on a calorie controlled diet and started working out cardio-style. Progress was unsurprisingly rapid at first and I lost massive weight in 2012. It got much slower towards the end of the year and the Christmas was...well...counterproductive. Anyway, here's me as of a couple of weeks ago...drinking with the same chap as it happens

February 2013: 192 lbs

I won the race, by the way.

480138_10200230014266020_543446676_n.jpg

So all in all, quite the success at losing almost 60lbs.

I am not happy. I am not done. Underneath the massive weight loss, I still have some handles full of MIGHTY love, and that chest is a long way from flat. It's looking kinda boob-like still. 

I must have lost a fair amount of muscle in the last year as a part of that loss. NF has been educating me niceley and since I've been on a right old plateau of no progress for about 3 months, it's time to crack on. I'm going paleo, and I'm kicking up the strength training. Eat clean and lift heavy? I plan to!

I wanted to come and say hi here, support would be fantastic because I think going paleo is going to be hard, but I'm very excited by the challenge.

I will post some progress photos when I have some, at the moment I just have me looking Day 1 flabby. 

Other things about me:

I'm a student but I'm currently on a year out working for Disney and currently live in London. 

I play way too many video games.

I support Manchester United, the one and only fooball club worth supporting. (ding ding, I'm actually from Manchester)

And finally, nice to meet you all. Let's go on a journey ;)

Much love,

Milo

Mannion

Lvl 0 Half-Orc Warrior

"When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... "

" ... you find someone to carry you."

-Tracy & Zoe, Firefly

Current challenge:

First job with The Browncoats 

Hi and welcome to the group!

Being a newbie myself I have been semi-Paleo for about 3 weeks...I haven't kicked peanut butter or dairy products yet...and I don't know if I will kick them out of my life forever as I am trying to put on more muscle.  I am going to try almond butter as a sub for peanut butter.  I think the hardest thing for me was kicking the sugar because I have a MAJOR sweet tooth!  But I am finding I have less cravings as time goes on.

Congrats on deciding to "sort your life out"!  Isn't it thrilling when you decide to better your life and you actually STICK to it?  I love it!!

I was blown away when I found out about this little exercise called the "dragon flag" today and it has become one of my many goals to accomplish by the end of the summer hopefully.

Again welcome aboard and see you in the threads!!!!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Wow, I checked out those bar brothers and there's an aspiration! Incredible.

I'm actually finding the prospect of Paleo pretty exciting, I think its going to be tough on me but I'm looking forward to all the new things I can learn to cook, I think it'll be a life changer because I've been eating less, but not eating well.

I'm still amazed myself that I stuck to it, and it's crazy how compliments can boost you. My tip is not to see any of your friends for 6 months, then come back and blow them away!

I also checked out that dragon flag, and also: wow. I wonder if I could do that by the end of this year. It's a pretty big target as my 6 pack is currently more sort of beer-keg-like.

In any case, nice to meet you guys on here and see you around :)

Mannion

Lvl 0 Half-Orc Warrior

"When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... "

" ... you find someone to carry you."

-Tracy & Zoe, Firefly

Current challenge:

First job with The Browncoats 

Archived