Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from London

Hi!

I'm Rachel, I'm 22, and I think i've been reading nerd fitness for maybe, a year and a half? And I've finally decided to join the message boards. I <3 yoga. I travel around the UK a lot with work, so i'm trying my best to not skip out on exercise and eating healthy, especially as all my colleagues eat in restaurants every night when we are away! And one of my goals in the next six months is to not put on the 14lb that apparently all new staff put on in their first year on the job, and lose 5lb on top! I'm eating mostly Paleo, apart from cheese which I will never be able to give up..... which is fine with me :D My favourite things are trees, which is surprising considering i live in the city! I will be hiking in the Lake District in April and I promise to get a picture of me in my nerd fitness t-shirt at the top of a mountain :)

Hooray! Another paleo+cheese person :) Good luck avoiding that weight gain. Hopefully your coworkers will be understanding when you make up an excuse to not eat all the treats that invariably circulate through an office.

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki

Woot yoga!! We're starting to be a pretty significant % of the board now. I'm sensing a take-over in the future.

Your picture is absolutely fantastic.

Is yoga your primary workout, or do you do anything else on the side?

<pitch>

If you want, come join our 28 day Challenge! We're in the second day now, so not too late to join up. If you let us know on the sign-up thread, we'll put you on a squad, which is a great way to meet people and brag about how you rock on a day to day basis.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Thanks Guys ^_^

@Alethea Yes Yoga is my primary workout, but I also walk on average 4/5 miles a day to work and back as well. My picture was a costume I did for a fairy ball :)

I think next month would be a better time to start a 28 day challenge, this month is a bit crazy as i'm moving house.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Well, continue to hang around in the meantime! Do you do a particular type of yoga, or mix things up? What's your favorite pose? I've decided I want to learn to do a handstand (I can manage against the wall, thats about it). I'm completely jealous of your fairy ball. That sounds like a blast.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

I practice hatha primarily, although I go to the occasional ashtanga class. I'm determined to try vinyasa and bikram classes this year :)

I think king cobra is my favourite, my feet are about 2, 3 inches from my head and I'm determined to get them to meet!

I think I'll need to do a lot more core work to do a handstand, my balance isn't fantastic and I'd like to be more stable. I'm quite looking forward to moving, the park near my new flat has a yoga class every Saturday and when it's warm enough they practice outside :D

Nice! You'll love vinyasa. It's very dance-like. I think hatha and ashtanga are better for learning forms and gaining flexibility and strength, but vinyasa is all about smooth movement and it's just a pleasure to go through the forms. It was a lot of fun when I went.

Good lord, woman, that's awesome you're so bendy! I'm not near that close.

Yoga outside is just RIGHT. I plan to yoga my heart heart on my patio this summer. ^_^

- Seneca, 63 AD