Forums are back in action! ×

Props on technique from trainers

Gllarso

I have been only working with barbell training for five or six weeks now and I am still considering myself a novice. I've got the Barbell Battallion ebook from this site, I've watched the videos for doing the lifts properly, but I think the thing that has helped me out the most is Ripptoe's Starting Strength book that is highly recommended by Steve.

I was working my deadlifts yesterday next to another young lifter who was dropping his weights hard for his deadlifts. One of the gym trainers came in and asked him to please stop dropping his weights. He then watched me do my deadlifts to make sure I wasn't dropping them and quickly complemented me on my technique, back position, bar position and everything. He even went so far as to tell the other young lifters in the room to watch how I did it and they would be able to do it correctly themselves.

This made me feel really confident about what I was doing and gave me that extra boost to keep at it and keep improving.

Garrett - Level 2 Human Ranger

Current Challenge | Accountibilibuddy Group: Military Nerds | PvP Challenge: Pull-ups
First Challenge

STR 6 | DEX 1 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 6 | CHA 6
“Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.â€

- Optimus Prime

Archived