Forums are back in action! ×

New girl with 100 to lose

Hey NF champs,

I stumbled across the NF website looking up info on the paleo diet and found this awesome forum. So here I am!

Over the last 3-4 years, I've gained a TON of weight. I'm 22 years old, 5'4", and (as of February 25) weighed 245 pounds. I did martial arts until I was 18 and got into crazy good shape, but stopped doing it in college.

Here's my beginner plan:

Workout: I used to be able to bench over 100, and my muscles are not nearly as badass now. Which I want to change. I'm going to focus heavily on strength training (free weights and the You Are Your Own Gym exercises 4x/week), and I'd like to start working out at one of the local martial arts studios (once I save up enough $$$). I'm also hiking a couple of times a week.

Diet: Close to paleo, but I'm still doing a tiny bit of dairy. I've gotten down to around 20 carbs/day, and all of that is veggies, berries, and almonds.

So far, my workout and diet plan has worked. I've already lost 9 pounds in the last 9 days and I'm feeling more energetic and generally awesome. My goal is to lose 100 pounds before 2014.

If anyone has advice, questions, etc, go for it. Glad to be here!

Level 1 Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 4

My First Challenge

"The pleasures of heaven are with me, and the pains of hell are with me;

The first I graft and increase upon myself--the latter I translate into a new tongue."

Hi tee-jay!

Welcome to NF - you will find lots of help here to reach your goals! 

I'm like you, in that I am starting Paleo but I miss my cheese. I've had some bites here and there of it, so I haven't converted 100%, but rather than eating it everyday (like I used to) I've done much better.

I'm still new in my weight loss journey, so my only advice is to not be too hard on yourself, and take it a day at a time. :)

Niwa no niwa ni wa, niwa no niwatori wa niwaka ni wani wo tabeta.

You can definately do it. It might not be 100 lbs, but it'll be pretty damn close to it.

You might hit some plateaus - check out my thread in the weight loss section on some tips on how I've fought through plateaus through my 110 lbs weight loss over the past year and a half.

I look forward to reading about your progress. :)

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Thanks for the welcome and all of the advice, guys & gals! Glad to be here.

You can totally do this! Speaking from experience, it may take a while but little by little those pounds add up and before you know it you will be so healthy you'll wonder where the old you went!!!

Never be afraid to ask for help, and NEVER forget that you are worth it!!!!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

You can totally do this! Speaking from experience, it may take a while but little by little those pounds add up and before you know it you will be so healthy you'll wonder where the old you went!!!

Never be afraid to ask for help, and NEVER forget that you are worth it!!!!!!

Just read your blog post. It was so inspiring! It's good to know I have people to turn to if I ever have any questions or face any road blocks :)

Level 1 Adventurer

My First Challenge

The first I graft and increase upon myself--the latter I translate into a new tongue."

Can't wait to follow along and see how well you do. I was never in as good shape as you were, so for me I'm just trying to get there for the first time. You are pretty inspiring and I will be checking back often.

archer8 

level 2 Satyr adventurer

Challenge 1, 2STR:8 DEX:4 STA:6.25 CON:4.75 WIS:6 CHA:1

Possessions: Babel Fish,Cloak of Invisibility, Belt of Endurance, carrot nunchucks, fire flower powerup

Thanks everyone! I've lost another 3 pounds (that's 12 in 2 weeks!) and I recently posted photos showing my results! If any of you have challenge threads (I already follow yours, archer) let me know. I love how communal and supportive this forum is. Best of luck!

Level 1 Adventurer

My First Challenge

Archived