Forums are back in action! ×

Just starting out! I have a question

So I stumbled upon this website, and it's something kind of wonderful.  But I have a question for you guys!  I haven't purchased any of the programs yet, and right now can't really afford to go to the gym.  I do have adjustable dumbbells AND resistance bands of varying sizes.  So my question iiis: Have any of you worked out with bands before?  And used with eating paleo, would using them in a workout routine be beneficial?  Thanks for your help!

Welcome!

Yes, resistance bands and dumbbells will make a fine start.  They would work well as accessories for a body weight workout (pushups, pullups, squats, planks) which you can start right now!!

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Hi. I'm not sure about the fitness bands; I had some but really prefer to just use dumbbells or other "heavy things" like myself, sandbags, rocks, etc. (I also eat Paleo and follow the website by Mark Sisson called marks daily apple for workout and diet advice). When I found the nerdfitness site, I just started out doing the Basic body weight circuit workout and found it to be a great place to start. I was also considering joining a gym at the time, but not wanting to pay those monthly fees, instead I am purchasing some type of equipment for a home gym with each paycheck - kind of works out as a reward for sticking with my fitness and nutrition program as well. 

Level 1 Wild Elf Adventurer

STR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 2 CON: 4 WIS: 3 CHA: 2

"One day at a time, one workout at a time, one decision at a time"

--Steve Kamb

Archived