Forums are back in action! ×

Aerodyll reporting for duty!

Hey guys, I found this place recently while looking for workouts and it is one of the most approachable and down to earth fitness sites and communities I have seen. And being an avid gamer I feel I will fit right in (hopefully). I was intending on lurking but after watching some of the videos on NF TV I felt like that was just making excuses not to commit so here I am signing up and reporting for duty.

My real name is Ben, gamertag and general online  alias is Aerodyll (feel free to add me on steam, Playstation or Xbox live). I am 25 and working in the games industry in the UK. Here is my background story so far...

I have never been big into exercise but always into martial arts, rugby and generally anything that lets me have a scrap with mates. Gaming and working on computers pretty much sums up my life so far, however I recently took a look at myself and realized that if I am working at a desk and not doing exercise pretty soon I am gonna be huge so I gotta do something to balance it all out. At this time I am 5.10" and 13 st (184.8lb). I am not massively overweight or even visibly chubby but I am not happy within myself and am looking to the future and how big I will be if I do not get on this.

I recently joined a gym and aim to go 3 times a week but beyond that don't as of yet have any kind of plan. I am sort of finding my feet in the gym, its very very busy and I feel more than a little intimidated when I go there. I would work out at home if I could but that's not really an option due to space and stuff.

My short term goal is to lose my belly. I am going on holiday soon and would like to feel a bit more confident in myself.

As a person I do not do well with routine or limits. I like to eat what I want and do what I want. Not to excess or irresponsibly, I just don't like to live my life saying I can't do this or eat that. I also want to feel confident that I can look after myself physically and also protect my girlfriend and (someday) family. My long term goal is to build up and also to get into a good healthy habit with exercise. I am hoping to get into the habit of being healthy so that I actually enjoy it. The guy who made this website? I wanna be like him and make a lifestyle change to be more active.

For now I'm gonna wrap this essay up by saying hi, great to be here and I hope to be able to contribute.

Later

Aero

Hello and welcome!!!

I also chose Nerd Fitness because of how down to earth and approachable everyone one is.  

I've been trying to go more Paleo in order to eat healthier but I don't think I will ever be 100% Paleo, the 80/20 deal seems more my style so that I can still eat anything I want.  However now that I am eating more Paleo I find that I don't have cravings for pasta, chocolate, and other processed food as much.  My taste buds have changed also so that food that seemed bland before now has tons of flavor and I really enjoy eating more vegetables and chicken!  

There's a thread that has been started called "Startlingly Stalwart Sixes" and it's a bunch of us getting together to get rid of the belly bulges!

It's great having you here and I am sure you will really enjoy the journey!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Thanks guys. I cant really workout properly at home due to parents however I can manage some basic stuff. Skipped gym today as I was late and currently have a cold but felt guilty all day. I watched some of the videos on NFTV and especially this one 

got me good. So I put on my gym gear and did the beginner body weight workout in my room (Swapped star jumps for some weighted calf exercises). And man can I feel it. But I feel much better with myself for doing it.

Thanks guys. I cant really workout properly at home due to parents however I can manage some basic stuff. Skipped gym today as I was late and currently have a cold but felt guilty all day. I watched some of the videos on NFTV and especially this one 

got me good. So I put on my gym gear and did the beginner body weight workout in my room (Swapped star jumps for some weighted calf exercises). And man can I feel it. But I feel much better with myself for doing it.

They had this audio on (I believe) a Spartan Race promo video, I love it.  So inspiring!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

I find that and the Arnie speech more motivating and energising than any music when Im working out. They even give me a boost when I'm working too. Really great stuff. on my Ipod now lol.

Also my girlfriend has compelled me to compliment you on your really cute avatar.

Also also (cause I didn't want to double post) - Sprinting up 8 flights of stairs at lunch at work = feeling shattered, but like a boss.

I find that and the Arnie speech more motivating and energising than any music when Im working out. They even give me a boost when I'm working too. Really great stuff. on my Ipod now lol.

Also my girlfriend has compelled me to compliment you on your really cute avatar.

Also also (cause I didn't want to double post) - Sprinting up 8 flights of stairs at lunch at work = feeling shattered, but like a boss.

Thanks if she meant my avatar....if not.....I think my dog is pretty cute!  hahaha

I need to find a building with 8 flights of stairs so I can run them some time!  I love when you do some kind of activity that pushes you to your limits.

Haven't heard the Arnie speech....must Google it right now!

Archived