Forums are back in action! ×

Is this real life...

Hello everyone!

My name is James. I'm a 24yo sailor in the USN. I found this place while looking for some information on Paleo diets. That is my biggest challenge to a healthy lifestyle, my diet. I don't necessarily eat unhealthy food I just don't always make the healthiest choices.

As far as my fitness is concerned well I was a pretty common sight at the gym up until 3 months ago when I transfered commands. Now that I'm pretty settled into this new place I don't think I will have a problem resuming my workouts. I like lifting, running, and xfit. I'm all about "real world" fitness versus sports specific fitness. The kind of fitness that makes you a little better at everything rather than something that makes you great at one thing.

The thing that most attracted me to actually make a profile here is not the fitness or the diet plans and information. It's what I've seen from the community. I've had some bad experiences with people on other sites but from what I've seen so far everyone here seems polite and respectfully at the least. Most of you seem to take it one step further to being encouraging and downright helpful.

I really hope that I can bring something good to this community. Nice to meet you all :)

Lvl 1 Human Ranger

STR - 2  DEX - 2

STA - 2  CON - 3

WIS - 2  CHA - 4

"The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny."

YES!  That's the same reason why I joined up here too.  Everyone is open and accepting.  

I have been jumping on and off health/fitness band wagons for years and I have finally found the right place/program to keep my arse glued to this wagon.  I am actually really enjoying eating healthy and working out.  

There is such a fine line between healthy and "un-healthy" eating if you don't really know what's going on.  I'm like you where I never really ate un-healthy, I wasn't in to eating tons of sugar and fatty, salty foods, but I never made the choices to eat more healthy, natural foods.  It's amazing the changes you see after making it a point to eat healthy foods.

Great to see you here!!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Archived