Forums are back in action! ×

WWE Universe Nerds

I was courious if there are any WWE fans among nerds on this amazing website. Also we could make this a place were we can discuss events and our favourite superstars of WWE as well as their training and diet habits.

Worgen Adventurer STR - 4  DEX - 1 STA - 1 CON - 3 WIS - 4 CHA - 5

“Roland could not understand why anyone would want cocaine or any other illegal drug, for that matter, in a world where such a powerful one as sugar was so plentiful and cheap.†—  Stephen King, The Drawing of the Three

Guest Snake McClain

There is actually a pro wrestling thread going on in here somewhere but it isnt terribly active. Most of us arent big fans of wwe but i will say it has improved lately.

::arrives::

totally a fan. totally was there for the most recent PPV and the following Raw. totally gonna be there for Wrestlemania in N'Awlins. totally.

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

Bigtime WWE fan here!!  Smackdown and Raw are weekly viewing events in our house, and I already asked off for the day after the Wrestlemania pay-per-view so I can stay up late and enjoy adult beverages while watching.   :D  I am absolutely fanatical about Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, ADR, and the Miz; CM Punk is once again on my happy list despite my recent history of loud and vehement hatred for him (dangitall), The Shield is not pissing me off as much as they were (double dangitall), and I freakin' love John Cena's way with the crowd.  My current favorite move to watch is a tie between the Walls of Jericho and DB's No-Lock, with ADR's cross-arm breaker a close second. 

Re: the Rock and more specifically, 'roids: Don't care much for him, myself.  He's a bit too snarky for my taste (Attitude Era, meh), despite his incredibly charming smile.  And yeah, I just assume most of them use some form of performance enhancers....the only ones I feel reasonably sure might not are DB and CM Punk.  Makes me sad that Randy Orton, who was my first favorite and thus always will be top in my book, has had so many suspensions for using, but oh well.  Not gonna make me stop loving WWE.  

I love WWE because A) it's athletic and inspiring for my own fitness endeavors, B ) it's incredibly cathartic for me as I work a very stressful social work job and I get aaaaalll my stress out by cursing loudly at the television while I watch (don't nobody get in between me and mah stories!), and C) I love the ridiculous storylines.  WWE is my escape from reality.  We don't ask "is it real?" because we know it's not...it's a whole 'nother world, and it's the closest thing we've got (so far) to real-life superheroes, imho.

So yeah, clearly I could talk all day and night about this stuff....anytime anybody wants to talk WWE, I'm in!   :D

There's a running joke in our house that Monday nights are for my Man Soaps. I get home from the gym and plop down on the couch to watch RAW, mostly for the story. It's really fun trying to sound serious when my roommate and I describe how we've been watching since around the time his gf was born. 

We had to explain that the Undertaker's 20-0 Wrestlemania record has been around for almost as long as she has. 

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Man Soaps is right, but there's nothing wrong with that. Honestly, the product would not likely have transcended its regional/territorial ways had it not become something more like a soap opera. Having been an on again off again watcher since I was a very young child (I distinctly remember screaming at a 16 inch tv when Ultimate Warrior "retired" Randy Savage) I still like to sit down and enjoy WWE and other companies, through the lens of experience. Luckily for me, so does my wife, which means when I miss shows, she can keep me updated!

On a side note, does anyone else occasionally stop and think how much the internet has affected pro wrestling? Like, would there be this half-baked "feud" between MMA and pro wrestling, if not for the internet, and more specifically, web 2.0?

Also, does anyone have a favorite site for wrestling news?

JB 2.0

Level 1 Simian Ranger
STR 4.5|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.

-R.A. Salvatore

My Challenge Thread | My Battle Log | Battle Log Spreadsheet | Down and Dirties!

I have a buddy who works for WWE, so I just ping him if I want to know anything in depth. The man lives within his NDA but will spill the beans on anything non-specific as long as I ask questions in a specific way.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

I don't read a lot of WWE news, but when I do it's usually on the Bleacher Report.  I especially like their "Unanswered Questions" posts.  Or sometimes I'll just Google if I want to check up on something specific like "WWE Lesnar Triple H injury" when I watched the shortened version of Raw and they edited it to try to hide all the blood from when Lesnar got his head split wide open when he was fighting Triple H.

I have a buddy who works for WWE, so I just ping him if I want to know anything in depth. The man lives within his NDA but will spill the beans on anything non-specific as long as I ask questions in a specific way.

wicked.

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

g/f + i watch as much wrestling as possible, but I seriously have hated WWE for years now.  there's nothing cohesive about it.  Best parts are when interesting heels are in a clean match and are allowed to cut some promos. 

fan of CMPunk / Shield / Ziggler / Mark Henry / Swagger / Team Rhode Scholars / Daniel Bryan.  The other 40+ wrestlers they have are just sad.  Like Great Khali... my god man. He looks like a giraffe in pain.

Thoughts on wrestlemania 29??

A couple of surprising results if you ask me, I fast-forwarded through the music acts too, what's with that??   Annoyed that I didn't get to see the Intercontinental match too - couple of my fave wrestlers.

hmmmmmmm

Human – adventurer – level 2

STR:  2   DEX:  3   STA: 5

CON:  6         WIS:  8.5         CHA:  4.5

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

myfitnesspal

first challenge - smashed it!

second challenge - failed!

current challenge

29 was the most disappointing wrestlemania.  through netflix and streaming I've seem at least 25 of them.  8 months ago I predicted rock won the title, cena won the rumble and rock dropped the belt at the next wrestlemania.  And after that, they will prob have rock vs brock the following year.  bring us to today and I'm completely right. 

knew HHH was gonna bury brock because brock won at uh....summerslam I believe and they immediately dropped the angle.  brock was only signed for a certain # of appearances so I figured they'd bring back the feud for a wrestlemania match.  intercontinental match was on the youtube pre-show so you should be able to see that right now.  luckily wade got it back.

and undertaker has it in his contract that no one will ever beat the streak.  past 5 years people have been thinking it *might* happen.  it won't.

40 minutes in for wade V miz IC belt on wwe's youtube channel:

I thought wade had some promise back in Nexus but then he was thrown into that group Kore and they seem to keep wanting to change him to get him over. I wish WWE had faith in anyone besides cena + the part-timers.  Hell, Skipp Sheffield  from Nexus is Ryback and look how he's doing now.

What're your thoughts?

my hubby and i are huge fans. though i am often 2-3wks behind b/c i have to watch it after the kids go to bed.  they are not fans.

Like Great Khali... my god man. He looks like a giraffe in pain.

LOL - sad but true. I saw him at a show once. while he is an impressive figure in person - i think there are too many "big" guys and he can safely retire w/o leaving some huge gap in the roster.

I thought wade had some promise back in Nexus but then he was thrown into that group Kore and they seem to keep wanting to change him to get him over. I wish WWE had faith in anyone besides cena + the part-timers.  Hell, Skipp Sheffield  from Nexus is Ryback and look how he's doing now.

What're your thoughts?

WB has been less than I was hoping for.  Seriously - doesn't defend his title for months on PPV and then loses it.  Only to get it right back???!!??? lame.

I was RIDICULOUSLY disappointed that Tons of Funk wasn't on the PPV.  The SmackDown bit from last week and the RAW match this week were hils.  I think Naomi should dump the group and go at it solo.  She is  the only diva I care about these days.

There was an old WWE thread - but yeh - it kinda died.  I think the general consensus is that there are plenty of folks who have a few favs among the WWE - but, we are constantly disappointed by crap writing and idiotic bookings.  so enthusiasm levels are like a rollercoaster.

One good thing - Jack Swagger's bit is hopefully dead.  That was annoying.  

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

WE THE PEOPLE?!  Like him or not, his themesong is insanely good for working out.  You don't like Kaitlyn at all?  She shows a lot of promise.  She can wrestle unlike Aksana and the others.    Natalya did as well but then they had that farting angle.  That was possibly the worst thing I ever saw.  Now she's khali's arm candy I guess... I don't even know what creative is doing anymore.  I do know that the lead writer was fired 2 months ago.

WE THE PEOPLE?!  Like him or not, his themesong is insanely good for working out.  You don't like Kaitlyn at all?  She shows a lot of promise.  She can wrestle unlike Aksana and the others.    Natalya did as well but then they had that farting angle.  That was possibly the worst thing I ever saw.  Now she's khali's arm candy I guess... I don't even know what creative is doing anymore.  I do know that the lead writer was fired 2 months ago.

call it trivial - but kaitlyn's hair drives me crazy.  i can't stand it.  I had finally started to like Eve and she left.  oh well.

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

so enough about WM29. what the frak was up with the NJ crowd on Raw? XD I was lol'ing so hard for the last two hours.

I did too.  That was the best crowd I've ever seen since the 2006 PPV with ECW.  New  york/new jersey, with a bunch of passionate euro fans made a cocktail of awesomeness.  Did you like the little Fandango dance?  I hope that catches on.  fandango's theme music is almost on the top 10 downloads for itunes in england.

Last years post Mania crowd was pretty brilliant too. Looking forward to seeing how this weeks Raw is after last weeks awesomeness.

Unfortunately Fandango's theme ended up just outside the top 40 over here, falling about 300 downloads short apparently.

Did anyone see Smackdown's Raw recap that rewrote history to make it look like Cena was super over and Ryback was booed for turning on him. Not so, WWE. Not so.

Follow me on Twitter: @garth_green

and the Fandango craze has just begun.  i wasn't overly excited about his character - but i don't hate it.  WWE coined the term Fandangoing and added it to Urban Dictionary.  people are trying to make it the next Harlem Shake on Twitter apparently.  

maybe he can triple team w/tons of funk against the shield - it could work. or at least against 3mb.  i'd laugh.

3mb.  the job squad.  Yeah they made a big deal about fandangoing on raw.  When they get to the european tour I'm pretty sure it's going to be crazy. 

As for WWE making cena look over- it's been like that for years.  they pump audio like crazy.  I just don't get it.  if ppl want to like other people (daniel bryan's yes chant originally being muted comes to mind), why can't corporate just let it happen? 

Ryback is ok I guess.  This story just feels so worn out.  Last wrestlemania- the next raw->brock lesner being the new jacked heel vs Cena.  This year it's the same thing.  With punk needed to heal I assume it'll be ryback vs cena rivalry till summerslam- then maybedrop the title to ryback by then.  then punk comes back as a babyface.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing Heath Slater getting his ass kicked. So entertaining.

I have faith in Cena to put on something fun with Ryback, especially as he's usually great in gimmick matches.

I really have no interest in Lesnar/HHH. Lesnar is in my mind one of the most interesting guys in WWE, but pairing him again HHH has not been good.

Really hope that they give Cesaro a renewed push as he has been amazing.

Follow me on Twitter: @garth_green

i just watched this week's RAW last night (i'm behind) - I'm really really really hoping they are getting ready to push Cesaro up the card.  i like him. he is funny. and he eats paleo and does body weight workouts from what i've seen/heard.

i too felt very happy to see BL tear through 3MB. i don't understand why those guys are around - and then someone smashes a guitar on heath and i remember why...

Archived