Forums are back in action! ×

new & confused

I always feel silly when I join some sort of forum and do an introduction. Especially when I have to really admit how out of control I've let myself get. But, I know I have to be completely honest with myself and make changes. So, here goes:

I'm 31, mama to 4, I love sweets, and I'm completely unhappy with myself. A month ago tomorrow i gave up soda, sweet tea, sweets, and sugar added in my coffee. It was easier than I thought it would be. I was drinking three 44oz sodas a day some days. Dessert almost every day. A whole pot of coffee with sugar in every cup for breakfast every day.  But, I decided enough of this! This is too much. I lost 10 lbs in about 2-3 weeks. In the meantime, I searched what diet to follow. I had never heard of primal/paleo before but  it made sense. I'm on day 8 or 9 (losing track) and I've lost a few more pounds. 

I found NF when i searched for a body weight exercise routine. I started reading around and here I am.  I'll admit, there is a ton for me to learn. I'm completely clueless to fitness. I don't have funds for gym membership, equipment, or the latest dvd. So, I'm here trying to find my way of helping lose the weight and get in shape. I have a lot to go, about 100lbs, but I'm determined to kick these pounds in the ass and be a healthy, happy, hot mama. 

Tuesday i did the beginner bodyweight and only got through twice (pushups on my knees) but i gave it all i had and I'm still feeling it. And I went for a 20 min walk. 

Yesterday, 40 min walk. Now I'm not sure if i should do the bodyweight thing today or something else. Any direction would be great as I get myself completely confused. 

thanks in advance!

edited to say: sorry if parts are cut out or missing letters. my kindle is going crazy.

Congratulations on the changes and progress so far!

I started out about a year ago and the best I could do was a 30 minute walk. I did it everyday though rain or shine.

As far as the body weight stuff goes, if you're just starting out, keep it simple. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday to start off with. It's easy to remember, and if you make it a priority, you can schedule around it. Besides, the body weight exercises won't actually take up that much time.

Keep up the good work and keep going!

Human Ranger - Lvl. 1

Kettle bell junkie

5'7" - 218 lbs - 34 yrs old

STR - 2 | DEX - 2 | STA - 2 | CON - 2 | WIS - 5 | CHA - 2

"Spontaneity always seems to work better with a little bit of planning "

I admire that you completely gave up sugar. I gave up wheat with no problems but have been struggling with sweets.

The great part of NF is you don't need a gym or any other workout contraptions. Start out every other day on any strength type workout and try to add some type of walking/cardio that you normally wouldn't do every day.

My tablet also has problems with posting to the forum, much better on a computer.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Thank you! I did read to wait 48-72 hours between the bodyweight exercises, but for an absolute beginner which is better? I only ask because when I first cut the sugar I tried to do pullups and pulled something in lower abdomen and was down a couple days and very sore for a week.  I know now I should've warmed up first, but is it better to give the muscles a little more rest time the first week or 2 or just go the every other day thing? 

I think it's more that you tried to start with pull-ups. Those are hard even for completely in shape people. I can do 2. If you are working your way through the beginners workout 48 hours is fine. If you start doing worse at each exercise your body is telling you it needs more time to recover. Everybody is different, just listen to your body.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Archived