Forums are back in action! ×

Herbalife - Mind Blown

Oh god. A lot of my FB friends are going on about juicing and how great it is, and another person has gotten into the Body by Vi scam....ridiculous.

1. Eat your goddamn vegetables; by juicing you are taking all the good shit out of them.

2. Mixing this crazy shit into shakes and replacing your meals with those is not really going to fix everything.

Eat healthy, work hard. Why is that so difficult for people to understand?

my friend got into the body by VI shit- he saw some really nice "gains" I'm not sure what exactly that means in the long run- but my philosophy always had to do with- what happens when you're done taking it.  (Co-worker was taking some sort of suppliment and the red one was like a hype pill to help you get more out of your workouts- after the rotation of pills he had kind of a crash- said he didn't want to work out at all- I was like- I TOLD YOU SO.  

Meh- I like the food thing- extra crap is extra crap- I'm not happy about the protein I'm taking- but it's the worst I do as far as unnatural "health food" crap.

Oh god. A lot of my FB friends are going on about juicing and how great it is, and another person has gotten into the Body by Vi scam....ridiculous.

1. Eat your goddamn vegetables; by juicing you are taking all the good shit out of them.

2. Mixing this crazy shit into shakes and replacing your meals with those is not really going to fix everything.

Eat healthy, work hard. Why is that so difficult for people to understand?

^+1 million to this.

Herbalife is huge in the roller derby community. One of the superstars in the sport started advertising a Team Shred challenge. A few of my teammates and I thought we should do it. Then we realized she was just another Herbalife pusher. We still started a Team Shred challenge but avoid shakes for the most part (though I do love my almond milk, almond butter, and a banana shake as a pre-workout or post-workout snack). 

A few friends on other teams are doing Herbalife. They started Herbalife at around the time I joined the rebellion. True to Herbalife's promise, they're losing weight. They've lost more weight than me BUT I can out lift them and I'm not hungry all the time AND I get to eat real food. Another added bonus? When I'm starting to hit a wall or plateau, I've got a whole army of rebels ready to support me and you guys won't try to sell me something to get me back on track.

MyFitnessPal / @RBCalcagno

"Though she be but little, she is fierce!"

Percentage weight lost since 7/3/14

0%
0%

Yup, quick fixes are always a scam. It took me years of "hard" work eating and drinking what I wanted and avoiding exercise to get my fine round shape. To expect it change overnight via a magic drink is silly. On the other hand ..... drinking more Whisky sounds like a great idea I'm in! :-)

"It is hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off"

Florence and the Machine

^+1 million to this.

Herbalife is huge in the roller derby community. One of the superstars in the sport started advertising a Team Shred challenge. A few of my teammates and I thought we should do it. Then we realized she was just another Herbalife pusher. We still started a Team Shred challenge but avoid shakes for the most part (though I do love my almond milk, almond butter, and a banana shake as a pre-workout or post-workout snack). 

A few friends on other teams are doing Herbalife. They started Herbalife at around the time I joined the rebellion. True to Herbalife's promise, they're losing weight. They've lost more weight than me BUT I can out lift them and I'm not hungry all the time AND I get to eat real food. Another added bonus? When I'm starting to hit a wall or plateau, I've got a whole army of rebels ready to support me and you guys won't try to sell me something to get me back on track.

That's cause we send the bill after the fact.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived