Forums are back in action! ×

Work out logs, question.

Hitchie

Hey!

Just a quick question, how do you complete a log for a body weight work out? I understand with weight training you log number of sets, weight, etc. But as I'm following the beginners body weight circuit what should I be logging?

Every fortnight I throw in the Konami work out to measure my progress which I log, but is there anything that I can or should be logging for the beginners body weight circuit?

Also, not certain if this is the right place to post this.. but I did anyway.

Thanks for your help!

-Hitchie

Reps and sets.  Time too if you're trying to complete a certain number of sets in a certain period of time.

Tracking is important to track progress.  It's also important because it will let you know when it's time to move on to a harder variation of an exercise.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

I do it one of two ways.  rounds of time  So 12 rounds (10/50)second split. 10 rest, 50 work.... or whatever split it is- then I count how many reps I did.  I usually go with either 4 or 6 exercises and repeat it either 2 or 3 times through depending on my time frame- and I always push to complete more reps the next round than the round before.  The next time I attack that work out I can compare how many reps I did and how much better I did.

if I'm doing set reps: I compare my time for the whole thing.  One of my work outs is 10 exercises, 10 rounds 10 times through- so it was a HUGE accomplishment and testament to my work as far as bench marks when I did 6 rounds in 47 minutes and was completely gassed- had to stop for various reasons-and  then second time I did it a month later it took me 51 minutes to do the whole 10 rounds- no modifications or anything.  Very proud- but goes to show you even marking down how much time it takes you to do something- can be a real marking tool. 

write down your modifications as well- so if you have to drop a weight- or drop to your knees or take off a level- write it down- so the next time you know where you did it and how long it takes to get to that point. 

Archived