Forums are back in action! ×

Rebelion against my own dumb cliches

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Frenchxican living in Mexico. I'm into Rock Climbing, Mountaineering and Skydiving.

I'm fighting my own dumb cliches and all is going well. 

I'm a geek and used to think that geeks don't do outdoors nor fitness because all the crap people used to say. So I kept making robots and stuff but never really went out nor worked out. The thing is I always had a passion for exploration, adventure and the outdoors... a secret thing. 

Finally somewhere in the middle of my majors I started working out, I was made too and wasn't very happy about it. Turns out I loved it.

When I graduated I went to Puerto Escondido an learned to surf, not surprisingly I loved that too.

Then I started Skydiving and now I'm Climbing. Soon, hopefully I'll start BASE Jumping.

I'm still a geeky engineer and am a witness that geeks are strong in body and mind.

Cheers,

Arawan

Welcome Arawan,

I bet one of the math guys on here could do a formula for us, but even without it I think it is safe to say that there is a bunch more outdoors to the world than indoors. I think it is great you decided to embrace your passions and prepare yourself to accomplish some goals. Engineer yourself a great workout routine and enjoy the outside, but most importantly, be you,--and have fun.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.

Archived