Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings Rebels

I've been making slow steady progress leveling up my life for several months now.  But, I read random health and fitness stuff on the web to keep myself inspired and managed to stumble upon this place. 

My story:

Once upon a time, I was a fitness instructor and personal trainer.  I taught spinning, pilates, cardio kick etc etc.  Then, I was the pedestrian in a pedestrian vs. auto accident.  After I healed, I had lost my job and my good habits.  I had never had particularly good eating habits, and without the insane gym time my fitness went to crap.  Other aspects of my life were in flux.  

I took control of the other aspects of my life one by one.  In September of 2012 I finally had enough of the rest of my life together to focus on health and fitness again.  I started a mostly Atkins style way of eating and walked my dog an extra 10 minutes during each of her three walks a day.

Things were going well so I added strength training and more rigorous cardio (some beginner hiit, longer walks, light cycling, aerobics videos) at the beginning of December.  Mid-January I graduated from the random assortment of fitness equipment I already owned and acquired some adjustable dumbbells by way of craigslist.  I'm also working on the convict conditioning exercises.  I'm a mix of levels one and two.  It is going to take a while.

I haven't been perfect.  Some weeks I barely squeeze in two workouts.  But, I'm excited to have a group of people with similar goals to talk to.

Non-fitness me:

I wish I could find a good mmorpg.  I miss the Burning Crusade of WoW.  I was able to stomach my way through some of Cataclysm, but the game has just changed too much for me.

I saw what I think is a table top gaming store when I was out and about a few weeks ago and i need to follow up on when a new campaign might be starting.

I teach high school and typically work from 6:45 to 3:45 each day.  Once I get home, I usually spend an hour or two prepping/grading.  My coordination has been improving so I can now do a lot of that stuff while on the recumbent bike.  

I've been educating myself on this paleo/primal thing.  Some of the aspects are intriguing.  Some, not so much.  But, I am definitely into n=1 experimentation.

I don't do photos, but I am down two full pant/dress sizes since September.  I'd like to drop at least two more.  Then I'll reevaluate what I need to do.

Clearly I'm an oversharer, but it is still nice to be here.

Poppy

Level 1 Half Orc Warrior

Poppy, level 1 Half Orc warriorSTR 4|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 1

Archived