Forums are back in action! ×

Edinburgh!!!

stickswinger

So the good lady and myself are heading north and over the wall. I'm wondering who of the rebellion have ventured to the Scottish city and/or live there and can recommend things to do and places to eat?? I'm very keen on going to find a kilt as I've always wanted one.

Also any rebels keen for a meet up? We are planning on arriving on the first Tuesday of April and will be in town for four days.

Thanks

Carl

Stickswinger, level 1 Beastman monkSTR 3|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

Late reply, but... :)

I used to live there (for two years)! Hope you have a great time and that the weather is nice - it'll probably be a little "brisk" - be prepared for winds and drizzle.

There are plenty of kilt shops in the city though beware of any playing bagpipe music, that's a sure sign of tourist trap. Try looking off the main streets for less touristy places or ask your hotel for guidance.

Things to do aplenty, depends what you're into. The castle is lovely, the museums are good, there's a whisky experience and several distilleries that you can organise day trips to. You might be able to catch a show at the Playhouse. Along the Royal Mile there are many fun little diversions including walking tours (and haunted ones), for history Gladstone's Land, John Knox's House & Mary King's Close. Walk up Arthur's Seat on a sunny, clear day and then Calton Hill for a different view.

Dining at Oloroso is recommended, I'm also a fan of Centotre and Browns, plus Khushi's and Mother India if you're into Indian food. There are several upscale restaurants in Leith, too, including The Kitchn - but it's a bit of a way away from the town centre, which has plenty to keep you busy. And for an authentic local breakfast one day, head to Snax for a bacon roll :-)

cavejen

lifting heavy stuff

putting it back down again

since 2012

~

Level 3 Cyborg Warrior

Current Challenge || Previous Challenges: (4), (3), 21 || Fitocracy

I love Edinburgh! 

For eating I'm a big fan of David Bann. It's high end veggie and lovely. Try The Stand Comedy Club for a slice of authentic Edinburgh entertainment. It's considered one of the best comedy clubs in the UK. 

Level 1 SheHulk Warrior [str: 1]  [Dex : ]  [sta: ]  [Con: ]  [Wis: 1]  [Cha: ] 

Challenge 2: Project Krisptonite

Well we've found hula coffee which is pretty good. We are heading to the castle today and had an awesome two days cruising around.

I've been using yelp which has been excellent. I bought a kilt on the royal mile which has ticked off a bucket list item.

So on the train home. Edinburgh was awesome and will definitely make a return trip perhaps with my sister in laws partner who's a local now living in London. Will do a full post when I get back home but wow. Was really cool.

Archived