Forums are back in action! ×

Tankgrrl reporting for duty

Hi there NF,

Another new recruit here. I'm looking forward to diving head first into this Nerd Fitness stuff. I just love the concept.

My bio:

I'm a total bookworm. More at home in the library or at my PC than anywhere near sports. I work full time and go to law school at night which keeps me really busy. I also need to squeeze in some quality time with my beautiful girlfriend too... or I end up in the dog house. I have been overweight all of my adult life. I'm 5'6" and 90kg making me about 20kg above my ideal weight range.

Last time I was anywhere near fit was when some friends at high school talked me into making up numbers for the school girls rugby team. Safe to say I was a forward, useful for scrumming and little else but the weekly training was a killer and peer pressure wouldn't let me leave.

After hitting 30 a couple of years back I realised that I had lost my get up and go and a few late nights would wipe me out for days. I needed my energy back. I took on the c25k and really enjoyed following the set program and leveling up day by day. I completed the whole thing, lost a few kgs in the process and even pushed onwards to complete a 9km fun run. It was a real buzz.

Once I had reached my goal that time I awarded myself a week off, followed by another one and another. 6 months went by and I finally kicked my own ar*e to get back to it and joined the uni gym (to hide from the winter cold). I stuck the gym out for a month or so but hated the trek there and back and the 20yo looking all buff.

...and so to the present day

I had relatives come to stay with me for a couple of months over Christmas this year and really threw all fitness out the window. I packed on a few more pounds so that I'm now heavier than ever.

I like to have a plan, crunch the numbers, and see those tiny improvements. So I splashed the cash on Steve's fitness guide.

Now is the time....  for a new chapter in my saga.

Hopefully a bright and glorious one.

Now I've got to figure out what all this challenge and leveling up is about. So much to read! :-/

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

Yeah getting the girlfriend involved will probably be phase 2 goal. She really isn't interested right now. She'll get a taxi to the bus stop if it means she can avoid walking lol

Hopefully she'll see my hot new bod and realise that she needs to keep up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

Archived