Forums are back in action! ×

I need help

mkosmacek

Hi.

I've recently hit a weight loss milestone by losing 20 lbs, half of my goal, and promptly ran head first off the wagon. I try each week to realign my goals and make choices just to find myself having to remake that promise the next morning. Something isn't working. I've been pretty happy with my workouts lately although my push in running had plateaued a bit. I miss spring and can't seem to keep my focus on the treadmill anymore but another 8 inches of snow is falling as we speak. Ugh, winter.

My biggest issue seems to be with food. I was diligently tracking and still try to but seem to quit caring after lunch. I know I feel better when I eat better and really want to reach my goal but it doesn't seem to be enough to get me moving.

Does anyone have any suggestions? My husband doesn't really understand and while he supports me when I'm kicking ass, he's also ok with me digging face first into burgers and fries.

Appreciate any support!

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

5'9 182

"You can't make footprints in the sand while sitting on your butt. And who really wants to make buttprints in the sand?"

The first question is what is making you not care after lunch? Figure out what is hitting you and then you can attack the problems

1) Is your lunch not big enough and you are just hungry? Pack a bigger lunch- go lower on carbs and higher on protein and fats to fill you up. It does no good to eat 3 carrot sticks for lunch (hyperbole but you get the point) and then be starved and heading for the vending maching

2) Is is just the other snacks that are around and are too tempting? Bring your own snacks that are special treats that you can give yourself while others eat donuts

3) Make a list of why you are doing what you are doing. Read over it at lunch to remind yourself .

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Do you feel the winter blues to any degree? I'm wondering, if you look back through the recent years, if you'll notice any trends around the end of winter into waiting for spring? Vitamin D3 is the best thing for a lack of sunlight. I live in Vermont and my D3 levels were at 16 (quite low) and my SAD problems were hard to manage. I got on D3 and now although I want spring (really badly), if feel like I can operate. This doesn't sound exactly like where you're at , but I would be curious if D3 would help you as well.

This may sound cliche-ish, but if you did it before, you are capable of doing it again. Do you feel like you need a kick in the pants or do you feel like a bit of a break would get you to a better, motivated place?

Best of luck, we're here.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Thanks for responding! I'm not sure that SAD is really my issue but some D3 may help. It's worth a try!

I like the idea of logging why I'm eating and making which choices also. I feel a little helpless and blame myself for falling into such a trap. I don't know what the issue is and it makes it hard to fix!

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

5'9 182

"You can't make footprints in the sand while sitting on your butt. And who really wants to make buttprints in the sand?"

When you log are you doing it in a journal or online? i have found that since I've started logging online I am far more accountable to myself, and way for accurate in my serving sizes. And Just like Nerd Fitness having a support system of like minded supporters really helps too.  (I use MyFitnessPal, but there are many choices out there). 

I also completely agree with the person above who says you need to bring your own snacks. This is absolutely true. You HAVE to! Its way too tempting not to.  Believe me.

Hope some of this helps, just remember you have backup here!! You can do this!

I live in the Arctic...do I ever  hear you on being sick of winter...its -24 celcius here today...and the wind is a howling. I walked to work, and will be walking to Gym Boss after work. :)  Just a couple more months til the 5k can move to the roadways!!

Archived