Forums are back in action! ×

Knight, reporting in.

Hi

Found your website and blog through the Art of Manliness. Read the absolutely inspiring stories, and got fired up to do something about my fitness and weight, it's been a long term goal, but the arrival of my firstborn son has challenged me! After all,i need to be in good shape to teach him how to use the sword properly and live fit, healthy and strong, (currently hanging around at 6 foot 2 and 243 lb, pretty soft and flabby with a bit of a pot belly). I'm trying to shift to something like the paleo diet to start with, which is a pain as I love pizza (TMNT caught me young). I enjoy Medieval Martial Arts, especially the art of the sword, and the quarterstaff. I have enjoyed bodyweight exercises when I've tried them, but have never coupled exercise,and diet all at the same time. Plus it would be fantastic to be able to wear my nice armour (the pretty stuff is homemade) without running out of steam to quickly chasing down those agile fighters. As may be apparent, I've enjoyed LARP in the past.

Lynx, Level 1 Half Ogre Knight. Adventurer at heart, dreaming of training with the Rangers

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 3

Yeah, I've been thinking about that.

Short Term Goals (End of April)

Shift over to at least 80% paleo eating.

Shift down to only one Coffee a day.

Shift down to no more than two or so cans of diet soda a week.

Have completed all sessions of the bodyweight training with no skipping, I'm doing the You are your Own Gym basic set, so with warmup and down it's about 35 minutes 4 times a week.

Will adjust & set month to month goals as I find stuff easy or hard or fun,

Long Term Goals (my son's birthday, January the 5th)

Lift my own Bodyweight.

Shift down to 16% bodyfat.

Complete a 5k without stopping.

Sound Achievable?

Lynx, Level 1 Half Ogre Knight. Adventurer at heart, dreaming of training with the Rangers

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 3

Archived