Forums are back in action! ×

Fitness Nerd, checking in...

Greetings! New Warrior class recruit here. I have been going to the gym in spurts of continuity for 7 years or so, but I've only ever focused on cardio and sometimes weights, but I have never actually followed a system.

Last night I started week 4 of Starting Strength. I wanted to start with Power Cleans but found I am terrible at them. I am not giving up on them and going to work on flexibility.

Recently I have been going to the gym 3-5x a week since xmas 2012, when I completed a friend's 100-mile of exercise challenge between then and Valentine's Day. After that I started SS and am still going strong. SS only has me going 3x a week as suggested. I love doing SS so far. I love the weight increases, the results, and the challenge.

I'd probably like to crossover to Ranger class eventually, but right now I am working on Warrior class where I know my weaknesses are at the moment. It appears I am too late for the most recent challenge, but I am really looking forward to the next.

Finally, I'll leave this article here, as this has changed the way I think about myself and exercising: http://jamesclear.com/identity-based-habits

Archived