Forums are back in action! ×

C25K complete

Pyth

Went to the gym tonight to do W1D2 of my Stronglifts 5x5. Well, free weight section was packed at 9pm on a Monday. Unusual, but then I don't know the gym very well at all. So maybe not unusual. Anyways, not a bench or rack free, most people working in pairs sharing equipment as is. 

Mind you, this is 4 racks and 7-8 benches. It's a large free weight area. To give an idea of the amount of people there.

Anyways, I decide bugger it, to packed, not enjoyable to lift there. I'm going to switch my running/lifting nights this week. No big deal, tomorrow I'll just go at 10pm. I'm a night owl anyways.

So I run, I am doing W2D2 of C25K. But, Saturday I went trail running and did 10 straight minutes in ankle to knee deep snow. 10x harder then just normal running. Surely I can push a bit past What C25K says I should do this week. Which was 1:30 run 2:00 walk for 6 cycles.

So yeah, I managed the entire 30 minutes @ 5mph. A touch short of 5k, only coming in at 4.2. I'd have to set for 6.2mph to get the full 5. But I did it, 30 minutes of non-stop running.

Maybe not the greatest accomplishment in the world...but I'm on top of my own personal world tonight.

Usain Bolt aint got shit on me at the moment.

Edit-- I could ride this endorphin high forever haha

Archived