Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie rebel

Hey rebels! My name is Marit. I'm 20 years old and I'm ready to make some changes in my life!

After reading the article about real life roleplaying, I think I'm probably a dwarf right now. I'm about 168 cm tall (5'6") and overweight at 77 kg (170 pounds?). I used to weigh a lot more. At my heaviest, I was 92 kg (202 pounds), maybe more. So I've already had some success. But I haven't had much progress this past year. I've been going up and down between 75 and 80 kg. 

So, currently a dwarf, but my long term goal is to become a monk! I used to train karate when I was 12-15, and I really liked it, but 15 year old me was stupid and quit because of a disagreement with the sensei. So I went from being a bit chubby to obese. 

I plan to join a karate club again, But there isn't a club I can join in the town I currently live in. I know there is one at the university that I'll go to in August, so I'll start training karate again then.

But that's 5 months from now, and I want to feel comfortable enough to take pictures on my vacation in the end of June! So I need to find something to do NOW.

I'm going to STOP comfort eating! This is the first step and maybe the most important step. after that, I will adjust my diet to be healthier, but I can't do it all at once. Paleo sounds interesting, but I doubt I could get my family on board with that. 

I have to find time to exercise! I should probably make a schedule and decide when I'm going to study and when I'm going to exercise in the afternoons between school and revue-rehearsals. I like swimming, so I'll go swimming once a week. This has worked for me before, but I've been slacking lately. In addition to swimming, I could go hiking. I live in a valley surrounded by mountains and beautiful nature, and there are many great places to hike.

As soon as the snow melts, I'll put my inline skates back on!

I also have some work out games for kinect that I'll try :)

Welcome! I like your enthusiasm and sounds like you are ready to go, start by making some SMART goals, maybe join our six week challenge, you can jump in right now (we are about midway, but it's ok), and start making changes in your life to become the better yourself!, there is a bunch of fairly knowledgeable people and a LOT of regular folks you can share your success (or even lack of) on a regular basis, it really helps!.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Archived