Forums are back in action! ×

2100 push-ups challenge!

Unos

The challenge:

the title is a little misleading i know! its not 2100 in one go! the challenge is actually pretty simple, I want to be able to do 2100 push-ups a month.. Don’t know why… i just want to! It’s a challenge, it doesn’t have to make sense! And I would like you to be a part of it as well! excited? Keep reading..

I love how we can shape and make our bodies do awesome things! the natural way! im obssesed with using my own body weight when training! and i always wanna push it harder! thats why i came up with this!

How it works:

Day x amount of push-ups = ???

You must do the: â€amount of push-ups†every day… yes every day. You may skip days but it then has to be transferred to the next day, if you skip that too… well it gets transferred to the next day as well… do not save it all till the last day.. (ouch) however you may do them along the whoooole day.. For example; in April, you have 24 hrs. To do 30 push-ups… but you may want to do them in sets for easier completion, like 15 when you wake up and 15 before you go to bed. You can also do them all in one go, that’s for you to decide.

Progression plan:

April 1st – 30th:

30 x 30 = 900 push-ups

May 1st – 31st

31 x 35 = 1085 push-ups

June 1st – 30th

30 x 40 = 1395 push-ups

Juli 1st – 31 st

31 x 45 = 1085 push-ups

August 1st – 31st

31 x 50  = 1550 push-ups

September 1st – 30th

30 x 55 = 1650 push-ups

Oktober 1st – 31st

30 x 60 = 1800 push-ups

November 1st – 30th

30 x 65 = 1950 push-ups

December 1st – 31st

30 x 70 = 2100 push-ups :) go to the woot page and post!

After this you can keep going, perhaps a 100 push-ups a day?!?!?! (3000 push-ups a month) yeah I know it sounds wicked: â€yeah i can do 3000 push-ups …in a month"

I know for some people its easy to do 70 push ups a day, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere! and we might take this challenge even further!

Is this something you want to try out with me? Then post here! Does this sound like crazy stuff and not something ANYONE would do, then post it here! Too easy? Post! Even if you just have a comment, post it! am i just a stupid fool with no sense of reality?! POST! someone already did it? Post it! post post post!

- Unos!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit"

Unos -. Ranger

sounds great!  My coworker and I were doing 50 every 3 hours for a month or two so you're definitely not crazy- it's a fun way to pass your day doing push ups randomly.  I'm doing the burpee challenge right now so I abandoned the push ups- but it was definitely a way to get people doing things- not just sitting all day. 

thats awesome! as you can see im starting soon :) i think naturally at some point im going to hit a "wall" of some kind hehe :P hows the burpee challenge going?

Unos -. Ranger

yeah- I had some shoulder issues that really slowed me down- cubicle buddy actually just banged out 40 about 5 minutes ago- we've been sitting all day- I'll probably go do some squats.  

Burpee challenge is good- I'm a late starter- most everyone else is 1/2 way through- I specifically started March 1st so I could keep track more easily through the month- so today is 12 burpees.  :)

I'm at the gym literally 6 days a week- so it's not a huge crisis to fit them in- but sometimes timing is hard.   especially as I get higher I'll find it's harder to fit them in- but no worries- simply remembering is the bigger issue. weekends I don't have my calender with me- and I have them all written out on my calender (Finish date is June 8th- I'm going to do them at the gym and time myself and see if I can get some people to do it with me!)

thats cool! gotta love random exercise! i have no time at work tho. but at home i got plenty, I also have a lot of time at the gym, i might try to fit them in with the other push-ups i do :) or maybe "just" morning/night :P

the remembering part can actually be a huge problem.. miss 3-4-5 days and you got trouble :P

it is pretty similar to that burpee challange i see, it is super fast though! :D might try it.... one day.

do you mean people at the gym, because most people will be like hell no... if your gym is like mine that is :P

Unos -. Ranger

Hell, I'll give it a shot. Push-ups are my least favorite, but I know I need to do more of them. So I'm in.

archer8 

level 2 Satyr adventurer

Challenge 1, 2STR:8 DEX:4 STA:6.25 CON:4.75 WIS:6 CHA:1

Possessions: Babel Fish,Cloak of Invisibility, Belt of Endurance, carrot nunchucks, fire flower powerup

This is so motivating. I'm totally in!

I missed the burpee one, I'm not about to let this one fly.

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Archer8 - this is a great way to get better at doing them! :D

FyreFlies - Great to hear!

Im looking forward to starting! it makes me less likely to skip days og abandon my challenge if i have someone to do it with! :D

Great support!

Unos -. Ranger

I've been doing something similar, using the onehundredpushups.com protocol, but doing it almost every day.  (Workout 1x2, workout 2x2, workout 3x1 (or 2, sometimes).  I never do a full max effort, but only the minimum listed.  It takes you through 4-5 short sets in each workout, and increases the reps in each set over the course of the program.  I've been enjoying it, and feeling that it works well.  By week 4, you can be doing as many as 150 or so per day, in sets of 30-40.

Oh, and I printed out a calendar page and keep my daily numbers and a running total written down.  I'm a little over 1000 for March.

Searching the world for a cure for my wanderlust.

Awesome to hear that your in guys, its really motivating for me to get all of your support!

I've been doing something similar, using the onehundredpushups.com protocol, but doing it almost every day.  (Workout 1x2, workout 2x2, workout 3x1 (or 2, sometimes).  I never do a full max effort, but only the minimum listed.  It takes you through 4-5 short sets in each workout, and increases the reps in each set over the course of the program.  I've been enjoying it, and feeling that it works well.  By week 4, you can be doing as many as 150 or so per day, in sets of 30-40.

Oh, and I printed out a calendar page and keep my daily numbers and a running total written down.  I'm a little over 1000 for March.

Jfreaksho - that sounds awesome too. However, it will not fit me im afraid, i already workout a lot and have push-ups in my program already, so increasing my number has to be done over a long period of time. Mainly to keep old injuries away :) and hey, i have got my whole life to do this, im in no hurry ;) but, if that program works for you i say; Go for it! :D and thanks for sharing, I might try it one day!

Grats on the 1000!

Unos -. Ranger

Missed them yesterday. Will do 60 today. Totally forgot about these. lol.

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I actually enjoy doing push-ups, almost as much as I love squats, but I can only do around 25 before collapsing. This can be something to work up to for me :)

Level 2 Gladiatrix-in-Training

Spartan Warrior 

STR 8; DEX 4; STA 4.75; CON 5; WIS 2.75; CHA 4.5

"A man must accept his fate, or be destroyed by it."

"Do or do not, there is no try."

Missed them yesterday. Will do 60 today. Totally forgot about these. lol.

Hehe trust me, it will happen to almost all of us :playful: we are only human :peaceful:

I actually enjoy doing push-ups, almost as much as I love squats, but I can only do around 25 before collapsing. This can be something to work up to for me :)

Then this will be perfect for you! :D its not too late to start :D

Unos -. Ranger

Oh God I hate squats.  Like, with a passion.

So I've been doing my pushups in between rounds of Halo 4.  Usually have plenty of time between games, but I don't let myself touch the control until each set is done.  Talk about motivation.

Human Assassin

Level 4 - Assassin Recruit

STR 5 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6.5 | CON 8 | WIS 10.5 | CHA 3

Archived